“oh dear”
Review of The Anglesey Arms

The Anglesey Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Anglesey Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 36 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Chester, United Kingdom
“oh dear”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

well they got it very wrong for us! received kids burgers instead of adults but were told they were adults just run out of ciabatta. we ordered garlic bread in replacement ...... on ciabatta only to have the burgers come back to us aparently following a trip to waitrose. garlic bread arrived not cooked at all and the mayo was watered down. shame cause the food was nice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Reasonable value”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited with friends bank holiday monday during the early evening. It was very busy, staff on the whole were very nice. With regard to the food, one of our group had the paella which was below average, the rest of us were happy with our meals apart from the fact the menu described "handcut chunky chips" and we were served frozen chips. The young man serving us said they must have run out of the homemade chips. We felt we should have been told this at the point of ordering, as the reason two of chose the meals we did was because we had seen the chunky chips on someone else's plate and they looked lovely so frozen chips were not a good substitute. The puddings were good. On the whole a reasonable meal for the price.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MarthaJane0101
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rip off, bad service and they even tried to fool us.....”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visited earlier today on the basis that it looked like a great pub from the outside and on walking in with two very tired kids (under 3) we fully intended to have three courses and a bottle of wine for the lucky parent who wasn't driving.
We thought our 1yr old auditioning for the exorcist was the worst it would get but we were utterly disgusted and angry about what followed with our food.
I ordered the scallop starter and my husband ordered the fishcakes along with a kids potion of chicken, veg and potatoes and a bowl of chips. We asked for our mains to be bought out after the kids had eaten but to bring the starters out with their mains.
The starters arrived with the kids food. There was a half eaten scallop on my plate which was placed infront of me without a comment. Then the kids food arrived which looked worse than hospital food. Watery gravy poured over a tough chicken breast placed next to a mountain of mash that had formed a crust.....
I asked the waiter if the there were supposed to be three scallops to which I was told 'yes I think so, sorry about that.' I asked for it to be changed.
My daughter decided to display the worst behavior ever so I left to calm her whilst my husband ate his stater which was fine & my poor son to plough through his plate of rock.
Upon on returning I realised my son was eating his food but reluctantly on cutting the chicken I realised it was as hideous as it looked. I asked the waiter what he thought of the chicken and he said 'it does look tough' 'shall I get it changed?'
My husband had now left the table to calm our daughter and as I didn't want to ruin anyone else's meal I asked to be moved outside when the mains arrived. Fish & chips & Steak for the husband. The fish was excellent. Steak was hideously cooked and tough. The replacement chicken breast was a piece of poached anemic looking chicken with no gravy but sliced in three.
Despite us moving away from other diners because of our daughter being upset and despite the attempt of trying to palm off a plate of half eaten scallops, rock hard chicken and hideous steak, no discount was offered. What did we pay for the worst food we've eaten in Wales? £70 and a please give us another try to fix your first experience.....erm no thanks! The scallops were nice and my fish was good but the service & price was not justified and had I not already strapped the kids in the car whilst my husband paid I would have refused to pay for the steak, kids meal and scallops. My advice is if you go ensure you question if your portion doesn't look right and if you can help it don't go unless it's for just a drink!

Manchester
“Great food”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had lunch on 26/8/13,food & service were excellent,the waitress was very attentitive.External patio area was very clean & tidy.

• Visited August 2013
Snowdonia National Park, United Kingdom
“Avoid if you like food...”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food here is not good. It is tasteless and the service was slow. I truly don't know how this place can carry on trading when standards are so low and there were flies as the weather was very warm when we went.
If you like food, I would avoid.

• Visited July 2013