“Re-visit & revised opinion”
Review of The Anglesey Arms

The Anglesey Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Anglesey Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 37 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Having been here twice before & not having a particularly good experience, my daughter thought I was nuts when I decided to lunch here today. My reason for the re-visit to be honest was the reviews on this site & I'm glad I did go back.
It was fairly quiet but we were there early and chose a comfortable window seat overlooking the garden. I still think the new decor looks a little out dated but that is my personal opinion & does fit Anglesey's general feel.
We were greeted by a very congenial waiter who took both our drinks & food orders at the table, was chatty & willing to answer any questions regarding the menu which was vastly improved since our last visit (no surly glass slamming waitress this time!), one slight downside was that there were many items from the menu not available, the ham salad, the salmon, the ravioli, the cheese cake (still setting) to name a few. This didn't particulally bother my daughter or myself as they had what we wanted! Lovely tasty tomato soup for us both to start & then a starter of king prawn with Gorgonzola for myself & the scallops for my daughter. Prawns were over powered by the blue cheese, one of those dishes which, in practice, doesn't quite work but as I love blue cheese (& prawns) I enjoyed it all the same. My daughters scallops were cooked to perfection, and with the right amount of dressing & leave to compliment. For dessert my daughter had the last chocolate mousse going, & I wish there had been more as after trying hers I really wanted one of my own! Absolutely delicious with rich dark bitter chocolate, not the sickly sweet mousses you can find. A rare treat of a liqueur coffee for me, well it was my day off, finished the lunch perfectly!
Also having mentioned the waiter once I must point out how friendly, professional & special he made us feel, just doing his job I know but it does make all the difference.
I am so glad we decided to give this place a 'last chance', rare for me to return to a place after two bad visits & I am pleased I did. I foresee many return visits in the future.

1x Diet coke - 1x Soda Water - 2x Tomato Soup - 1x King Prawns & Gorgonzola - 1x Scallops - 1x Chocolate Mousse - 1x Cointreau Coffee. £33.40 Very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for The Anglesey Arms

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Ate dinner here two days ago by accident having tried to go to The Bridge Arms just across the road which has no parking, something that is not a problem here. The food is well cooked and reasonably priced, the service excellent and the surroundings convivial. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Bangor north wales lacks nice child friendly resteraunts especially on Saturday when many family's have the same idea of taking the kids out shopping and then for lunch. Worry no more you can now pop accross the bridge to the lovely Anglesey arms. Lovely setting lovely beer garden and very good food. A few things were missing from the menu but all in all very good. Our little fella was one of four babies there this Saturday. Be carefully with the high chairs as they are not very high and if like ours your little one is very active then they can easily bend over and hit the table! All in all though was very impressed .

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Met the cleaners whilst i was there so polite and the bar staff as well everyone cant give a bad comment at all thanks guys

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Very expensive, meal was very poor wouldnt rush back