“Hiden Gem”

The Gazelle Hotel
Ranked #15 of 37 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This hotel and restaurant sits in a spectacular location overlooking the Menai Straits on the Ismand of Anglesey. Recently under new management it offers a wide range of cuisine from bar meals to a full dining room service. A good range of beers and wines are available and a menu with some good choices often with locally sourced ingredients. Local mussels and fish are specialities and well worth a try. With friendly and helpful staff and meals at very reasonable prices this is a lovely spot to enjoy a relaxing spot, good food and drink with superb views over the Straits. In the summer months. outdoor dining at tables at the water's edge is particularly pleasant. It can get a little crowded in high season but bookings can be made for the restaurant to avoid disappointment. During Spring and Autumn it is rarely crowded but has a good all-year round reputation with local customers. The hotel is residential and has a good reputation but, never having stayed there myself, I cannot comment on the residential element of the hotel.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Hiden Gem”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had the great pleasure to dine with family, who were there celebrating one members milestone birthday (60). The location of the venue is on the seashore of the south side of the Island, just outside Meni Bridge Town. The view across the Meni straits towards the Snowdonia mountain range are fantastic. The venue car park is in two parts, one just off the road side, the other on the shore line, the latter has a narrow and steep road access and is often full. The venue it self has rooms across two floors and has slight maritime feel. The selection of beers and other drinks was reasonable. The quality of the food was very good to exceptional. The staff were all very friendly and hospitable.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Flaxmanwilliams

Silsden, United Kingdom
“Much improved”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I really don't like the way some individuals feel the need to slag a place off so easily. We visited in January and had a perfectly nice meal ( despite a bit if a mix-up with one of the meals - but the waitress and manager apologised profusely). This pub / hotel is fine. It's no gastro pub or boutique hotel, but then again neither are its prices. Much better than it has been in years and people should not be out off by some of the super-critical comments.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Neil W
Bangor, United Kingdom
“If you want to be insulted this is the restaurant to visit”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I’d booked a table for three, and on arrival on the Saturday evening we were told by the proprietor that they had been without electricity and no meals would be served that evening. He told me that he had rung the people who had booked tables for that evening to cancel their bookings.
I informed him that I had not received a phone call from him as I had been home all day. He then checked the bookings but our name had not been put in the reservation book. I told him that the man who had taken the booking had said that he would reserve a table by the window for us. The proprietor suggested that one of the waitresses had taken my booking and had not put it in the book, and every time I told him that it was a man that I spoke to he kept repeating that he was on holiday.
I told him that I would not be visiting the Gazelle again, as there was no point if they could not take a simple booking. He followed us out and shouted that he was glad that we would not return in our "Cheap Clothes".
What my clothes had to do with it still baffles me as all three of us had turned out presentably.
We then went and had a lovely meal in a chain restaurant, the food was delicious and the staff knew how to behave politely

Visited January 2014
13 Thank G R
Colwyn Bay, North Wales
“Lovely food; not much atmosphere”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Hubby and I went for a meal on New Years Eve. It was sold as a Gala Dinner; food was fabulous but atmosphere very poor. Only saw 2 young waiteresses all night (and very nice they were too) no sign of the Owner/manager or anyone in charge. Music was so low is was barely heard; some people on one of the other tables were arguing about their bill There was a dj in the bar aea but we left to watch the fireworks in Beaumaris as it jusn't didn't fel like New years Eve.
However, we loved the food so we will go back and eat; the bar food looked lovely and tbh I wished we had just ate in the bar for far less money.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank AnnaEllieB
montaud
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

If you like quiet place, with a nice view and great food. This is the place to stay.
People are nice and warm welcome. I stopped there during a business trip, but I would highly recommend it travelling in couple.
µNo hesitation, enjoy!