“Excellent pub food”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Reading another review the gentleman obviously does not understand good ,homely,hot pub food. I have eaten all over the country and had much better meals but this is a local, popular pub and the food is great. The waiting on staff are lovely, local and welsh. I had a lovely lamb curry last night for about 10pounds and they were so nice with my grandchild. Plenty of atmosphere and yes there were locals there, not yokels, just local gentlemen having a hard earned drink and laughing and joking. It's called Fun. Warm,inviting and busy.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those places which reminds you how bad the pub restaurant theme was in the 90s when this place would have probably been considered as one of the better ones!! Fortunately for the consumer time has moved on and our options for eating out are better now than ever before. Unfortunately for this place, time has stood still which is par for the course for many pub restaurants off the beaten track in Ynys Mon. The food was very basic, the menu was 80s at its worst and the ale, although plenty to choose from was poorly kept, one pint was undrinkable and had to be replaced. It wasnt cheap neither !! The staff were smiley but clearly wanted to be elsewhere as would I if I had to entertain some if the 'yokels' gathered round the bar who had clearly been there all day which left customers ordering food to stand at the end of the bar trying to flag down a staff member. All in all, a poor experience and some of the worst this area has to offer.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We took some of The Family to The Four Crosses to Celebrate my Mother in Law's 90th Birthday.
We booked in advance for a table to seat 10 people and this was done over the phone with no fuss and a very helpful lady taking the booking. On arrival we were warmly greeted and shown to our seats and asked what we would like to drink whilst ordering our meal. About 30 mins later the food arrived. I expected a bit of a wait because of the number of us and the need for The Chef to prepare all the meals to be ready at the same time. The food was hot and well presented on arrival.
During the meal I asked if everything was OK and it was.
My only negative observation was the amount of food. I had Braised Beef and there where 4 thick slices which along with the vegetables was far in excess of what I needed. At the end I asked if my left over meat could be put in A Doggy Bag and this was no problem.My Grandson had the same meal and he also had meat left over. Perhaps The Management could reduce their prices for a smaller meal for people with small appetites. This apart the evening went well except for a period of 10 Mins when the smell of Fish cooking in The Kitchen could be smelt in The Dining Area.
There were no problems with The Staff.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Honest and homely and humorous and happy. Eaten here more often than some hopeless meaning individuals who have commented on this site. Sizzlers are as they say on the menu SIZZLERS so stay away if they offend you. It gives the PUB not five star Gordon Ramsay establishment a PUB atmosphere!!!!!! The staff aren't rude just some of the customers who either think they are better than others or were never taught manners or patience. The food is FRESH!!!!! I asked for.something to be rectified once. the staff were very obliging and friendly and the manager was one in a million. In actual fact runs a very tight ship. So for those of you moaning. If you don't like something say it at the time with respect to those trying to earn an honest living and you will find you reap more than you do slating people on websites like this - grow a pair or shop somewhere else away from somewhere i for one enjoy eating

3  Thank lynnealton
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Been to the four crosses on a number of occasions and have always enjoyed it. The food is amazing and the chef deserves all the praise. Although not the same can be said for the management, the landlandy was way to cheeky and came over to our table and accused us of complaining about her waiting staff even though we had been waiting 40 minutes for our STARTERS. She certainly made me feel like we shouldn't be there and was still ready enough to take our money. Massive shame regarding it being such a nice place. Dissapointed

1  Thank topgun89