“Just what the doctor ordered”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Outbuildings

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Menai Bridge
The Outbuildings
Ranked #2 of 6 Menai Bridge B&B and Inns
Nottingham
“Just what the doctor ordered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

After a spell of ill health we needed a change of scene and we found it at The Outbuildings. Everybody was so helpful, friendly and kind. We could do as much or as little as we wanted during our 9 night stay in Button's Room. So much to do and see his golf clubs stayed untouched. I would like to thank you all for helping in another step in my recovery.

Voirrey and Colin

• Stayed May 2014
BunMatthews, Owner at The Outbuildings, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for writing - I always have been a stickler for thank you letters and when you get them from guests that have paid it is extra special! We enjoyed having you stay and glad it helped a little in your recovery, Cocoa is missing you! Please come back for some golf and all good wishes from us all The Outbuildings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all of the staff that we encountered during our stay at The Outbuildings. From our arrival and being shown to our rooms, to the Chef, and even Cocoa the Spaniel, everyone was so welcoming and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble and we were very well looked after. I was made aware on booking that there was a private event on the same night we stayed, and I was worried that we may be pushed to the side or forgotten about. I have to say that the staff went above and beyond so that we didn't feel like that. Despite being obviously busy, staff still took to the time to show us to a table on the terrace for drinks where our order was taken and delivered promptly. We were unable to stay for dinner due to the party, but more kindness was extended when we received desserts and drinks as a gesture of goodwill for any inconvenience caused. Watching the sunset over the hills was a pleasure - the setting is perfect. The 2 bedrooms that we booked were very well presented and the beds were very comfy. Breakfast was lovely too. I highly recommend The Outbuildings for anyone looking for a special stay whilst in Anglesey.

Room Tip: You are allowed to take a dog in the Granary Room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BunMatthews, Manager at The Outbuildings, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Oh gosh we did feel bad, as a rule we would not ever have guests and a private event, what started out as a small supper grew hence we were in this awkward position which we will make sure we are never there again! So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and Maisie (not Arthur don't know where i got that from) and don't forget the moon rising too. See you again we hope. The Outbuildings
Denmark, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

While I see that my mother has taken the time to review The Outbuildings, I also see that she has signed my name at the bottom of her review. Here I would like to express my own opinion as while it may be similar to Wendy W's opinion, it is not the same, and her words are not of my own.
The Outbuildings are immaculate. One would be pressed to find a piece of dust anywhere. The beds are ultra comfortable, the carpet lush. It is beautiful. Sometimes such attention to detail comes with an attitude that I am not accustomed to experiencing in any form of customer service.
Alcohol / no alcohol rule aside - when we drew the curtains to shut out draft and the owner popped straight over to reopen them, the air in the room felt as though it could be sliced with a knife. Four grown professionals sat sheepishly on the couch; we were virtually gobsmacked at the coldness with which we were treated. Personally, I would usually speak up in such a scenario, asking for a little courtesy and respect but did not want to embarrass my mother, aunt and uncle as by that point I could have become a little fiery!
I am a Primary Teacher by profession and this experience led me to be ever more cautious with the way I talk to my students, as there is a thin line between re-stating the rules and demanding adherence. If crossed, it can lead a room full of grown adults to feel like kindergarten students!

The little cushion in the common area with "Rules are Made to be Broken" on it, is complete hypocrisy embroidered into quite an unreal setting.

The breakfast was delicious and the chef delightful. I still remember the homemade cookies in the rooms. Overall, this place will be one of the more memorable places that I have stayed in the world, though not necessarily for the right reasons. However, I shared a beautiful time with my family here, so gratitude to those who made our stay possible.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Anani78
Thank you for adding your words which i take on board. Perhaps you will also remember that you said to Francois you all felt told off and I did write to apologise at the time.
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just spent a very enjoyable stay at the out buildings. Cannot express how much my wife and I enjoyed our stay. The quality of the stay was first class, and all the staff were fantastic, nothing too much trouble. This is a place I would recommend to everyone. A jewel of a place hidden in the heart of Anglesey, and somewhere I will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BunMatthews, Owner at The Outbuildings, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review and such a nice one makes us all work with an extra skip in our step. Look forward to seeing you again. The Outbuildings
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our room was the Granary Steps which was clean, tidy and well presented. We arrived a few hours before dinner so ordered a bottle of wine from the bar as we saw the note on the website about not brining your own alcohol.

The evening meal was a set menu (look on website for what they will serve) and it was beautiful! The staff looked after us really well and we weren't rushed at all. Really enjoyable! Breakfast was equally as nice and again there was no rush...

There are a few annoying things about the room - kettle was quite small and we only had tea bags in the room (no coffee) plus the milk in the mini fridge had gone off the next morning! There wasn't a stand up shower in the bathroom however the bath did have a shower head you cld use severally. The room got quite hot and it was really difficult to open the window so we had to open the door to the room (stable style door so cld open top half).

All in all a nice place to stay... Great food and lovely staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Liz J
BunMatthews, Owner at The Outbuildings, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Good morning Thank you for writing a review following your stay. I understand your niggles about the bathroom in The Granary Steps, we do try and tell people when they book the rooms with baths and the rooms with showers and it is clear on the web site. I have toyed with changing the bath to a shower but we have lots of guests that still enjoy wallowing in a bath! Apologies about the coffee it is here if you ask. We dont leave it in the rooms as if it gets spilt it pretty much ruins the carpet. Again thank you for your review all these nice comments keep us smiling at work and make our jobs so much more fun. From us all at The Outbuildings
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed here for a night in April in the Pink Spotty Jug room, very comfortable and very well furnished.
The public rooms were equally comfortable and the views sensational.
Dinner was excellent as was breakfast, pleasant change to have everything cooked to order rather than helping oneself from a lukewarm selection on a hot counter.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BunMatthews, Owner at The Outbuildings, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and especially your breakfast. From us all at The Outbuildings
Llangefni, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

A brilliant time was had by all who attended. The venue was a haven of peace and tranquility. Every member of staff made their utmost to make our very special day an amazing one.
Francois prepared excellent food (formidable!). Jason was very attentive and really enjoyed being a part of the whole wedding experience. I would thoroughly recommend that if you have a wedding here, stay for the whole week-end and be spoilt. The rooms were very relaxing and the standard of cleanliness was excellent. The flowers for the venue by Bluebell
of Llanfairpwll were beautiful. Thank you Judith for creating such a warm and relaxing ambiance in your splendid venue.

Room Tip: All the rooms are tastefully decorated, bright and cheerful. China tea cups and cake on arrival. T...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BunMatthews, Owner at The Outbuildings, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you so much for writing Francois and Jason so enjoyed the day as did we all. it was such a happy weekend which all of us at The Outbuildings being a part of. Hope you will come and visit it us again sometime soon, From us all
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menai Bridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,214 reviews
Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel
Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll

Been to The Outbuildings? Share your experiences!