We stayed in the Pink Hut, a shepherds hut. Our first stay in a shepherds hut and we enjoyed the experience. It was more spacious than we imagined with an ensuite shower room and lovely quality furnishings and linen. Gorgeous views of the mountains and sunset and the sheep and cows. Nice walk to the dolmen in the adjoining field. We lit the wood burning stove and it soon warmed up the hut, in fact it got so warm we opened the windows and door ! We ate in the main building, the chef Francois was very flexible and at less than 2 hours notice conjured up a delicious steak for us and adapted the starter as we didn't fancy the fish and lamb that was on the menu. Comfy beds and the duvet was so snuggly! What could have made it a 5/5 stay for us ? We were a bit intimidated by the sign at the entrance ' beware this is an oldfashioned establishment' and at times it felt more like a hotel than a B&B in the reception areas with service and surroundings being quite formal sometimes. Coffee and tea making facilities in the hut - I missed having a cuppa in my bed when I woke up. The shower was clean and hot but water drains out of the hand basin and shower very slowly so that might need looking at? Poker and more kindling for the wood burner and a brush and pan to tidy up the ash. Breakfasts- yummy fresh fruit - how about freshly squeezed juice /choice of juices. All in all, a super setting away from it all, melt in the mouth dinner, good fun accommodation. Oooh and loved the locally made soap ( stocked up at Coles in Beaumaris !!! )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the south-west corner of Anglesey, The Outbuildings provides luxurious and welcoming bed and breakfast accommodation. The setting is sublime - surrounded by tranquil farmland with glorious views of the Snowdonia mountains. Each of the five individually designed en-suite bedrooms has its own private outside entrance and includes a welcome tray with homemade cake or biscuits on arrival, small flat-screen televisions, iPod docking stations and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Outbuildings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Outbuildings Hotel Menai Bridge
- The Outbuildings Anglesey/Menai Bridge, Wales