All reviewspink hutshepherd's hutother guestsconverted barnhonesty barhigh standardhome made cakeson arrivaltea and cakelittle touchessurrounding countrysidevery special placethe main houseattention to detailevening meallovely placedining room
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the hotel for a wedding which was also held there. Firstly this is not a grand hotel, but a well converteted former barn in the Anglesey countryside (the views are outstanding by the way). There are only a few rooms, and although they have everthing a standard has, the quaility is much higher. The beds are super comfortable with very thick duvets and thick pillows. The decor of the rooms is of a very high standard.

The things you appreciate the most with your room though (apart from the peaceful surroundings) are the little touches, such as fresh tea and cake brought daily, mint sweets in the rooms, modern, warm bathrooms, and books to read. Your rooms have their own door to the outside world, so you can come and go as you please.

The communal areas of the barns are also great, offering fantastic homely comfort that you just dont get in chain hotels, and this cannot be imitated. With more than one real fire, it is superbly appropriate in the winter months. As a venue for the wedding, it is brilliant and cannot be faulted.

Now the food... it may seem expensive, however, is worth every penny. The chef (an actual frenchmen) really knows his stuff, cooks a great breakfast, fresh bread, and cooked the best steak I have ever eaten in my life. Ever.

Overall though, what I think makes this place a true gem is that all of the staff seem to care about what they do, and want to make you feel welcome and valued. The customer service, friendliness of staff and absolute professionalism was outstanding.

I will be coming back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank begaret
BunMatthews, Manager at The Outbuildings, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Wow! Well that has given us all an amazing boost, thank you so much. Delighted that you like The Outbuildings and Anglesey and i agree with you about the food how lucky are we to have Francois and such a great team, that make this such a special place. Thank you and hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Me and my husband spent 2 nights here at the start of our honeymoon and WOW what a beautiful place to start married life. After the busy run up to the wedding it was perfect to relax in such beautiful surroundings. All I could see was fields, sheep and trees - perfect.

The Outbuildings itself certainly did not disappoint, it was amazing, the room we stayed in (pink spotty jug) was made as if it had been designed as my dream room. The dining room was stunning and we both loved having breakfast upstairs with other guests, having a nice natter over a cup of tea whilst watching and smelling the yummy cooked breakfast being prepared!!

We ate in the dining room on one of our evenings and although we would not normally spend that amount on a dinner, we equally would never receive the quality and taste that we got from our delicious 3 course dinner at the Outbuildings. Money well spent! A really nice touch is being able to discuss the evening meal options over breakfast with the chef. We had lamb - oh my word, AMAZING!!

I also have to mention the staff, they really made us feel welcome and encouraged us to treat the Outbuildings as a home from home. We were very touched at how they made a special effort for our honeymoon.

Thank you for being as wonderful as you were and being a special part of our honeymoon. We look forward to returning and bringing the whole family!!

PS I don't think I have ever slept in a bed so cosy!!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful so it is a difficult choice to make!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen T
BunMatthews, Owner at The Outbuildings, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Happy New Year and thank you so much for taking the time to write your review which we all enjoyed reading! The lamb is amazing cooked by Francois and deliverd from our local butcher. We look forward to welcoming you again. Bun and Co!

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night last week - everything absolutely exemplary.

The room - Pink Spotty Jug - was bright, clean, and nicely presented / well-equipped. In particular, the bathroom was brilliant, especially the Monsoon-style shower.

The evening meal was delicious and reasonably priced for the high standard.

In short, the location is stunning, irrespective of what the weather is doing and you're well placed to visit beautiful local villages and beaches.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ALandVICTORIA
BunMatthews, Owner at The Outbuildings, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for your great comments, in three years you are the first person to comment on the shower, I agree it is really good even though I say it myself!! We put a lot of though in to the food Francois will be very leased to read you review. Thank you from all at the outbuildings

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Excellent B & B, had an enjoyable stay at half term, excellent breakfast with as much toast and coffee as you require. Evening meals prepared to a high standard, our room was the granary room which had a large comfortable bed, lovely clean bathroom with toiletries. Loved the handwash just wish I could of brought some home. Will be back for another stay very soon

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
BunMatthews, Owner at The Outbuildings, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write, it is good to know you like the soap's we do get a few people wanting shampoo, but we don't supply shampoo as we have not found one that we felt was good for your hair in the small pots. Hope to see you again soon, from us all at The Outbuildings.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Pure Bliss. Beds are beyond comfortable, food is wonderful, the staff are incredibly welcoming and helpful, the decor of the rooms puts the average B&B to shame. I could go on and on....

Thank you all at the Outbuildings for a wonderful 2 night stay. I wish we could have stayed for much longer but we will come back.

A mention too for your pre-dinner canapés and the quality of the bacon and sausages at breakfast. Every detail has been thought through and it shows!

Cathy & Simon Carman (North London)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I love the word Bliss.... it sum's up such a lot in one word and that is what we try to give our guests and we are all delighted that you felt that way! Hooray hope to see you again soon The Outbuildings Team.