“Anglesey walking - see all the best bits!”

Anglesey Walking Holidays - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tailor made walking and cycling tours in and around the Isle of Anglesey, (coastal and heritage paths), part of the all Wales Coast Path. Now offering walking packages on Offa's Dyke Path, Glyndwr's Way, the North Wales Path, Wales Coast Path (from Prestatyn to Cardigan). Combined walking packages Anglesey and Snowdonia, Anglesey and Wicklow, Ireland
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Anglesey walking - see all the best bits!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you are visiting Anglesey, seriously consider walking part of the coastal path. Wonderful scenery to view and you complete each walk in your own time. Eurwyn and Gillian help you plan your ideal route and sort accommodation too. Lovely to arrive each evening with bags waiting and suggested places to eat. We had a really fantastic time.

Visited August 2012
angleseywalker, Owner at Anglesey Walking Holidays - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. Much appreciated. So glad you enjoyed your walking holiday on the Isle of Anglesey and its beautiful Coastal Path. We hope to see you again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beaumaris to Cemlyn Bay Walking Holiday”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have often done a lot of walking on our holidays before, but this was the first time we had tried a dedicated walking holiday. We had been thinking about walking the Anglesey Coastal Path for some time and finally decided to go for it this year.

We wanted a holiday where our overnight accommodation would be arranged for us, and our baggage transferred between hotels, and we looked at quite a few options before choosing Anglesey Walking Holidays. It was a good decision. Everything about the holiday was excellent. We were met at Bangor rail station by Eurwyn to drive us to our first hotel at Beaumaris. The information packs and OS 1:25000 maps provided for each day's walking were very useful. All the hotels and guest houses chosen by Gillian were comfortable with very friendly service.

We chose to have a rest day near Amlwch built into our schedule, and Eurwyn kindly offered us a lift from our hotel to Amlwch Port. On the final day of walking, when a minor medical problem forced us to cut the walk short, Eurwyn was very helpful and immediately came up with an alternative pick-up point for us.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Anglesey Walking Holidays to anyone. We will very probably be back to do the Western side of the coastal path at some time in the future and when we do I am sure we will choose Eurwyn and Gillian services once again.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Joolz F
angleseywalker, Owner at Anglesey Walking Holidays - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your nice review about us. We are glad that our customers are happy with our services, as we strive to make your holiday as stress free as possible.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anglesey is beautiful, Eurwyn and Gillian will help you discover it.”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a couple of weeks holiday in the calendar, the second week already committed to visiting family in Dublin. We'd talked about walking in Wales, so Anglesey was the obvious choice. Start at, wherever and finish in Holyhead to catch the ferry.

An internet search for someone who would book our accommodation and move our baggage - similar to companies we've used in Scotland and Ireland - found Eurwyn and Gillian.

They organised everything, found excellent accommodation and answered all our email queries with uncanny speed, even at weekends.

When we arrived at Bangor railway station, Eurwyn was there to meet us and take us to our starting point. He was friendly, enthusiastic and a mine of information about places of interest, local history, the terrain and places to eat and drink.

We were provided with detailed notes for each day's walk - including high tide times and alternative routes if this was going to be a problem. Quick reference maps and OS 1:25000 maps were also included. Most of the time we didn't need them as the route is so well signposted but there were a couple of occasions where signs were hidden or missing or sheep tracks sought to lead us astray, when the notes and maps were invaluable. Eurwyn and Gillian have put a lot of thought, time and effort into making everything work, and it does.

Eurwyn makes you feel welcome and relaxed from the word go. This felt more like a community than a business as Eurwyn has a friendly relationship with all the accommodation providers.

I found their enthusiasm for the Welsh language heartening. Languages are being lost at an alarming rate and with them a depth of knowledge and beauty we only learn to regret much too late.

Anglesey is a beautiful place, come and see for yourself and let Eurwyn and Gillian smooth the way for you.

Unfortunately we didn't get to meet Gillian. Next time!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank RichardEggleston
Stoke-on-Trent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Anglesey Walking Holiday”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My family said that at my advanced age I should not be walking on my own! I decided to walk the Coastal Path of Anglesey alone to prove them wrong and I then had the great good fortune to book the holiday with Eurwyn and Gillian Williams at 'Anglesey Walking Holidays'.
They tailored the holiday to suit my needs and to fit in with my requested dates. The accommodation that they booked was very good indeed and all the pickups were acomplished without a hitch. The daily supplied 'route guidance' was easy to follow and very accurate.
I would have no hesitation in advising anyone to walk the Anglesey Coastal Path as it is breathtakingly beautiful. I would also not hesitate in recomending the excellent Eurwyn and Gillian to organise the visit.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Bert M
angleseywalker, Owner at Anglesey Walking Holidays - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are so happy that you enjoyed the Anglesey Coastal Path and that our services aided you as a single traveller, knowing that you had the back up for the 125 mile journey.
Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Llanbadrig”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I wonder why Llanbadrig is not mentioned as a separate attraction on tripadvisor, But trust me it is one of the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life. The view from St patrick church is breathtaking. If you are ever around, dont miss it.

Visited June 2011