“Interesting couple of hours for all the family”

Pili Palas Nature World
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had a trip to Anglesey today as part of our half term holiday to North Wales. Weather a bit miserable and we reluctantly looked for something to do inside. As we arrived we were asked if we liked meerkats, and would we like to feed them! Apparently a random family morning and afternoon we're being picked, lucky us. Made our visit. Great place, worth a look.

1  Thank Becky M
There are newer reviews for Pili Palas Nature World

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have always wanted to visit Pili Palas but haven't got around to it until yesterday, It was great! they have lots of things to see and do, some great parrots, butterflys, small furies for the children to stroke and touch, goats, pigs and chickens, and even some things like snakes, giant snails and geckos you can touch and hold too! the staff are very friendly and informative, they seem to have a lot of outside space, well set out for children to enjoy a day of play in the bouncy castle, play barn Etc - they have a café that we didn't visit but it smelt lovely! plenty of car parking and for our family of 4 it was around £26 - not bad these days - our children are a little older but still had a great time and they are glad they went. Us adults enjoyed it too, they even have baby bunnies for sale too! - a great place to visit if you are over that way.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Return visit for ourselves, couple with teenage daughter, first visit for our friends with young child.
Wonderful warm reception, good value family ticket and a cracking lunch in the cafe!
Enjoyable few hours wandering round looking at the very varied range of "occupants", don't just think butterflies there are reptiles, birds, rabbits, goats, alpacas, pigs, to name a few, ensuring there really is something for everyone. Personally the bugs were too much for me but appeared popular with a lot of people. My favourite has to be the meerkats! Lots of information in each area so it's educational too.
Found all the staff to be very helpful and informative, particularly the guy I took to be head keeper who it turns out is the owner, he was even on car park duty at one point!
Indoor and outdoor play areas and a place to picnic makes this a sure fire full day out in good weather but with plenty to do inside if not. We chose to lunch in the cafe as it wasn't quite picnic weather and I found it very reasonably priced and the quality of the freshly prepared good excellent, as did our friends.
All in all a super day out, good value for money and most definitely worth a repeat visit!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Where do I start. What a let down. I can appreciate that independently run establishments are exoensive to run, but it is not worth the money. In the butterfly area there were no more than 10 butterflys you could see, the bird area stank of bird droppings, a good Pets at Home has a better selection of reptiles and other small pets that you can see for free, and the whole site is very tired looking. Again I can appreciate the cost of running a site like this, and is ideally suited to the summer months as whole areas are more suited when dry, but this does not mean poor customer service should be tolerated.

Upon entrance, the lady at the till ignored us for a couple of minutes whilst she was messing about on her computer. She made no apology for doing so. When we were leaving, another customer was being berated by a senior member of staff over questionning the prices. There is no excuse for this, and I will never part with my cash with this establishment as I will never go again. If you have read this, neither should you.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a gem in an otherwise dull and impoverished island (I'm relating this to tourist attractions obviously, rather than scenery)! The butterfly enclosure is really the highpoint of any visit. Choose a sunny day when the insects are flying and behaving, when there aren't hordes of badly behaved ignorant little children and their equally ignorant parents trying to stamp on the butterflies. Sit back and relax, let the butterflies land on you! There is really so much to see! The hatching of pupae is a real marvel of nature (I'm a biologist, so I'm biased). There is plenty to occupy non-lepidopterists here- the Meerkats are bound to charm anyone, similarly the reptiles. Parking and amenities (cafe) are excellent, as are the surroundings. The owners have done a great deal to ensure that the grounds are environmentally friendly- the pond is marvellous! The staff are knowledgeable and approachable. I would rate this as one of the top attractions on Anglesey!