“Fun for all ages”

Pili Palas Nature World
“Fun for all ages”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Enjoyed a fun few hours with my sister and her 4 children (aged 9 to 14). They each had a different area they enjoyed although my favourite was the meerkat enclosure!! There were sessions to touch animals but this would be better if more organised. Ours would have liked to hold a snake but had more manners than to push in and got bored waiting... Eldest niece enjoyed photographing the butterflies and youngest 2 both loved almost everything!!

Conwy, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“gift shop”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

visited today with my 5 year old niece, she especially enjoyed the play areas, and farm animals. The sun came out very brightly and I realized I had forgotten sun screen , asked in the gift shop if they stocked any, the kind lady behind the counter apologized and said no, then produced a bottle from her bag, and said we could share hers, thank you what customer service !

1 Thank CarolEaster
Yorkshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit. A must for children.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for something to do on a rainy day in north Wales and decided to pay a visit to pili palas. We read some reviews on trip advisor and decided to bite the bullet and make our own decision.

Pila palas is well located and very easy to find with plenty of brown signs. On arrival, friendly carpark attendant pointing us to an available space. Prices £7.75 each, for me and my girlfriend and because it was raining they signed the receipt to allow free entry on a sunny day. Young girl was very pleasant and offered us additional information and sale options.

The animals. Butterfly's were really nice, a good centre with plenty of different species. I've only ever been to a butterfly house at Chester zoo, and pili palas has a much better house. Pilas palas has a selection of birds, reptiles, bugs and farm animals, all good fun but nothing major to write home about. Most of the cages were well maintained and surprised by the space as most zoos pack as much as they can in small spaces. The meerkat attraction was nice to see, with the meerkats having a good space to play.

Pili palas has a great outdoor area, we had a walk down a nature trial and good to see pili palas doing things to help wild animals - bug hotels, nettle bushes etc.Plently of the outdoor area is available for children with loads of play areas etc.

Both myself and my girlfriend enjoyed our visit but both agreed its defo a place for children. Stupidly, we visited this attraction during school holidays and was awash with children.

I would recommend this for any parents looking for a morning/afternoon out with children (think you would struggle to make a whole day of it) staff were good with children letting then hold and pet the animals.

I would visit again but probably in the quieter off peak season.

1 Thank BigBadBeef
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great for kids”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is great for little kids. There's loads of interesting things to look at.
The staff are friendly, knowledgable and keen to get the kids handling the animals.
Well worth a visit. As with all animal related attractions it's a bit expensive.

1 Thank Etbl1000
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Good wet couple of hours”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Expensive but fun for a couple of hours. Probably better suited to the younger kids, my 10 year old got distracted quite quickly. His highlight was definitely being able to hold a tarranchula!
The little cafe was much better than expected and not too expensive.

Visited September 2012