“So so, but not recommended”
Review of Jade Village

Jade Village
Ranked #18 of 36 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bangor, United Kingdom
“So so, but not recommended”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went to Jade Village today (07.09.2013) and asked what they can recommend me as a meal. One of the waiters told me they have currently promotion for a lobster for just 8 pounds instead 20, so I ordered one. When I finished my meal (which was fine although a little bit dry) the waiter told me she made a mistake and I had to pay 20 pounds for the meal. I was very disappointed, although I paid the full price. Be aware of any promotions mentioned by the stuff !!! . Generally - the food was ok, although nothing special, the facility was tidy, but because of that situation - I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Maria_M_Bangor

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, but why no smiles?”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming here for many years and dined here at the end of August after a gap of a year or so. The food is as good as it always has been - it is the best Chinese in the area - but I agree with recent reviewers - it would be so much more pleasant, and we'd be back more often, if the front of house staff were somehow more welcoming and less indifferent.

2 Thank ukfamily20102
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly, Expensive, Tasteless.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were most disappointed with our visit here as we were camping and this was supposed to be a real treat after our week of cooking. First, there was no atmosphere even though the restaurant was over half full. We had several different waiters who couldn't manage to smile. Our food didn't all arrive together so we ended up with rice and noodles after we had finished eating. The taste of the food was bland and one dish appeared to be completely raw (and cold)! On the plus side, the amount of food was substantial - but then we did pay much more than we expected! Oh, and don't go expecting chopsticks and bowls!!! ALL of the tables have knives and forks and regular plates!?!

2 Thank LovelyLaurie
Manchester
“Great food & service”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ate here on 25/8/13,food & service were excellent,couldn't fault a thing,great value for money aswell.

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic place, great food! !”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this eatery, food wash fantastic and the service to match nice clean and well presented the whole family enjoyed.