“Winter wedding”
Review of The Anglesey Arms

The Anglesey Arms
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Menai Bridge
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We held our wedding reception at the hotel in December and from the outset Ruth (wedding co-ordinator) and the rest of the team including Eric, the manager and the Head Chef were extremely helpful.
Prior to confirming the menu they gave us a taster session which allowed us to go through our requirements and enjoy a sample of our wedding breakfast.
On the day, the staff provided a highly professional service making the reception relaxing and enjoyable.
Our wedding breakfast was delicious and the evening buffet went down well.
The bedrooms allocated to us were of a high standard and very comfortable with nice décor.
To conclude, we had a wonderful wedding and wedding reception at a fantastic loaction and would highly recommend the hotel as a wedding venue.

Stayed: December 2012
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your review.

It is an honour and a privelege to have added to your wedding experience and to know you have such great memories of that special day.

GM

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Good food, friendly staff and a lovely smell of food and wood mixed in the well appointed bar. A good spot for a stroll around this historic spot. Take tile to walk around to the small church and island around the corner.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks.
we look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

kind regards

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My partner and I decided to take my parents away for the night (16th march) for a treat. I was sceptical as I have stayed there before but it was before the refurbishment and when under old management. But what an absolute turn around. We arrived in the middle of the England v Wales rugby match and it was really busy but a great atmosphere. We was warmly welcomed straight away and checked in with no hassle at all considering how busy it was. We then went up to the rooms and couldn't believe how lovely the rooms were!! We then went down to the bar to grab a drink. The restaurant is done to high standard with a cosy feel to it. We didn't dine in the restaurant but seemed to be a lot of diners there. The breakfast in the morning was fab, the service again by Eric the manager and the young lady serving was first class. Thank you to the manager and his staff for making it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pearl1357
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you so much for making the effort to record your great comments.
I will ensure the team all hear about them.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We didn’t have a reservation as we had been disappointed over the road at Tafarn-y-Bont [I’ve written a review].
We were seated almost immediately by one member of staff, given menus by another and ordered with a third member, who, unfortunately, was the least welcoming and could benefit from a customer service course. The food was very good and the wine list fairly reasonably priced, but I must agree with the previous Mother’s Day review that there was a cold draught in the restaurant which emanated from the front door [but then it was an exceptionally cold day].
I will return, but maybe on a warmer day!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for all your kind comments.

I have identified the member of staff requiring customer service training from your comments and will see to it straight away.

I have also managed to identify the issue surrounding the cold draught thanks to both your review and the one previous.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Unfortunately I was suddenly taken ill during a visit, all the staff were brilliant,especially manager Eric, and his deputy. My wife had to visit me in hospital and all staff asked after me, Eric arranged sandwiches in the room for my wife when she returned from the hospital , all were genuinely concerned. nothing was too much trouble. When I was taken ill I went outside and was suffering nausea and extreme dizziness and couldn't move, the Deputy manager provided a chair on wheels and when I was still too unwell, they phoned an ambulance for me.
On my wife's return we had to book extra night, and due to it being busy we were advised to book two nights as we could always cancel the second if necessary. Although there is no facilities for washing clothes, the deputy manager offered to do our washing if we ran out of clothes.
Eric was always around ,and both him and his deputy, said anything we needed we could always ask them, they really provided service and support over and above what could have been expected.

The hotel has been decorated to a high standard, is spotlessly clean and the food is great, good value.
I would like to say a big thank you to Eric and ask if he could pass this on to the staff

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for all your kind comments.

I will pass your comments and thanks on to the whole team.

I hope you recover quickly and that we see you again soon so you can enjoy your time with us.

eric

Reviewed March 10, 2013

we arrived to find no booking,even though we booked a week before.it was cold,resulting in my mother wearing her coat for the duration.the wait for food was unacceptably long,the order for dinner and dessert was wrong!!! the staff moved tables etc around whilst we were eating and also decided to finish setting up our tables(putting flowers on them)whilst we were eating.the vegetables arrived ten minutes after our food!!! there was no set waiting on person,we were waited on by different staff,whoseemed indifferent to us,not very welcoming!! i never complain but it was a special day for my mum and myself and i wouldnt want anyone elses day ruined.i wont be returning or recommending sadly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank andrea r
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Please contact me as soon as possible to discuss your experiences.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

hello stayed friday 1st march till the sunday what a lovely place staff very friendly hotel spotless food very good would recommend hotel for quite break abit of noise if room over bar area but was acceptable will go again soon but would book through laterooms as hotel direct was more

Room Tip: rooms at the back quieter