The Anglesey Arms
  • Breakfast included
Victoria Hotel(Menai Bridge)
$81
Very Good 4/5
Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel(Llanfairpwllgwyngyll)
$93
Good 3.5/5
$116
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Bangor Hotel(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$84
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
$99
Good 3.5/5
Travelodge Bangor Wales(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$52
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
$105
Auckland Arms(Menai Bridge)
  • Bar/Lounge
Chateau Rhianfa(Menai Bridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsthe pubfish and chipsfunction roomsuspension bridgefamily roomlovely foodfew drinkstea and coffee making facilitiesan evening mealcar parkbridal suitehigh standardsunday lunchbeanssingle roombreakfast was excellentnorth wales
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We needed feeding, and thought of going to the Antelope, but the last visit there was best forgotten, so we crossed the bridge. The new decor etc is good and a waitress took our order at the table. The food was great, After delivering the food, we never saw the waitress again. Had to order everything from the (crowded) bar. When the bill came, I was told I had to pay at the bar. Becuase of the crowd, I had to stand in line for nearly ten minutes. Kind of ruins the atmosphere! The reason given why they can't take my money at the table was because they don't 'portable' card reader. Sad really. As the food was good, I have to give it 4 * though! If they tightened up the service, it would get 5 *!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BuckaneerFlorida
ezza600, General Manager at The Anglesey Arms, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for your review.
As the new manager of the Anglesey Arms, I have utilised your comments in re organising the team to ensure our customers get the service they deserve.
We are also looking at the team structure as you rightly pointed out there do appear to be more supervisors and managers than staff.
I would request that you contact me personally in the near future to discuss your visit.
I loom forward to speaking to you.
Kind Regards
Eric Howe

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Booked a table for Sunday lunch with friends , hotel has just had a major face lift ,looks ok from out side but inside has been very tastefully furnished, we were met by a waiter who took us to our table which was by the window , the food we all ordered arrived piping hot and very tasty although we all expected some veg to arrive as we all had 2stems of asparagus each so think they should add a few more veg to the Sunday lunch , there was plenty of beef on our plates 3 slices and cut thickly and the lamb was a small leg , the staff were very atentive and pleasent ,would highly recommend going and we will definatley be going back again when in the area .

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dennave
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed here for one night on business. Hotel was booked by my company. Website said en suite rooms with jacuzzi baths. My room had a power shower only. I know it was only a single room but the website did not say that only certain rooms had jacuzzi baths. After 5 hours on the train I was looking forward to a soak. I had a room on the first floor at the front. Could hear the noise from the restaurant and also smell the food cooking. Also had quite a bit of road noise. The decoration in the room was very nice, the curtains were very thick but they wouldn't stay closed so I also had headlights from the cars shining onto my bed through the gap. Breakfast was very nice but evening meal was not the best I have had. Glad I was only there for one night.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is better as are rooms at the back
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tolblue
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Booked this hotel just for one night but could have stayed all week. The staff are helpful and friendly with the added bonus of a carpark attendant to make sure paying hotel customers have a carparking space. The room was spotlessly clean and extremely well presented with tasteful decor and furniture. The food served in the restaurant was excellent,offering a wide menu choice at a reasonable price. The atmosphere in the bar and restaurant was relaxed but had a nice buss about the place. Breakfast time was also well catered for with plenty of polite , well turned out staff. Out and about, the hotel is well situated to explore north wales and anglesey with some nice little walks nearby along the Menai straits. I can't speak highly enough about this hotel and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mr Lee B
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I would not recommend anyone eat here!! The service was slow and the food was dry and very small portions. Very over priced. I would recommend the Bridge Inn across the road!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends