“relaxation and eating”

Tre Ysgawen Spa
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Llangefni
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The facilities of Tre-Ysgawen Spa include a 16-metre level deck pool, air-conditioned gym, sauna, salt inhalation room, experience shower, whirlpool and beauty/therapy suite.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

friendly staff in the spa and very relaxing. Only thing missing in the spa treatment area is an actual relaxation room. Food and staff in the restaurant are also excellent.

1  Thank Rhonda A
TreYsgawenHall, Manager at Tre Ysgawen Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for the review. The relaxation room is something we are looking into and hopefully going to sort out. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My partner and I visited Tre Ysgawen spa for the day with a package that contained two treatments, lunch and use of the spa for the day. Our first two choices of day were fully booked so we visited on a Friday; I was concerned that this meant it would be very busy but I had nothing to fear.
The spa itself is small but perfectly formed. There's a small (15-metre) pool, jacuzzi, 'experience' shower, steam room with Anglesey salt and a sauna. Lots of loungers by the poolside for chilling out on, the option to order drinks using an intercom system and big spacious changing rooms. There's also a very well equipped gym. My only negative comments about the facilities are that all of the safety cords had broken off the (super hi-tech) running machines in the gym, so I felt a little nervous using them particularly as I was the only one in the room, and there were no complimentary toiletries in the changing rooms - I've come to expect a little package of these in my locker when I arrive at a spa, so I was disappointed to find that there was only a built-in dispenser of shampoo/body wash in each shower cubicle, and no conditioner or any extras.

For a treatment my partner and I both chose the Anglesey salt polish relaxer and head and neck massage. The whole experience lasted just over an hour. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of my therapist but, like all the other staff, she was absolutely lovely. The treatment rooms were also gorgeous: heavily scented but not too overpowering, the usual relaxing music but not too loud, lovely warming massage tables (although they were new they were a bit creaky, but the therapist apologised profusely for this and we had a laugh about it!) the treatment itself was lovely too - basically you're scrubbed with a pretty abrasive salt scrub all over, you shower it off then you're massage and moisturised all over with a balm. This then led into the head and back massage. It's not something that bothers me particularly but all the way through the therapist made sure I was comfortable and preserved my modesty with strategically placed towels, so anyone who's a bit shy would feel extremely comfortable. Aterwards my skin felt amazingly soft and smooth.

We had lunch included as part of our package, and sadly I just felt the food completely let the side down. I always expect something healthy to eat at a spa, but the menu was very old fashioned - think jacket potatoes, boring sandwiches and salads with sad ingredients.

1  Thank Alicia R
TreYsgawenHall, Manager at Tre Ysgawen Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our spa. I'm glad on the whole you had an enjoyable experience but I will pass your feedback with regards to the emergency cords and the lunch menu to the relevant heads of department. We hope to see you again soon