“I was disappointed”

Phoenix
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Llangefni
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I chose The phoenix because it was highly rated on TripAdvisor. It doesn't look anything special, both inside and out, although the staff were helpful and friendly, which made up for it. The food tasted ok, but certainly not the outstanding food I was expecting after reading the reviews. My partner had the chicken fried rice and he commented that it was bland and there was hardly any chicken in it (although what there was, was very nice!). Unfortunately, I felt a little unwell the following day and the only other food I'd eaten that day was toast at breakfast time. Still, my food tasted lovely at the time and the portion was generous. I won't be going again, but I wouldn't say "don't go" to others, its worth a try, just don't have the high expectations that I had or you may be disappointed.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favourite Chinese take away the food Is delicious reasonable prices and good customer service our favourite is the phoenix special starter we always have it along with mains cant fault it I will always come back delicious

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I agree with all the other reviews best Chinease for miles, big portions, never disappoints we have a takeaway most weekends, I would recommend you phone your order through because it's always busy, friendly service and great tasting food.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a bit of holiday money left over , so decided to treat ourselves to a takeaway on the last evening.. again we checked the areas tripadvisor reviews ( definitely the way to go) and found that phoenix was rated number 1 in the area.. our meal was delicious, we all had something different, and everybody's meal was perfect!
The meals were fairly priced, and we feel that they represented great value for money.
We especially thought that the spring rolls were great, and would definitely recommend Phoenix for a really tasty meal.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I eat here most weekends. Great chineese, good size portions and value for money.
What more can I say :-) try it you won't be disappointed.