“Wish we had found this gem earlier”
Review of Bull Hotel Bistro

Bull Hotel Bistro
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Llangefni
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

On the last night of our trip,our party of 11 called at this restaurant for an early evening meal.We had not re booked ,but they put a small area of the dining room aside for our use and we had all had a lovely meal,at very reasonable prices.The quality and assortment of the meals was perfect,a really family friendly restaurant.If your visiting Anglesey,well worth visiting

There are newer reviews for Bull Hotel Bistro

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My daughter & I had lunch at the Bull today, tempted by the menu. It was quite full & inviting in a nice old room. That's where the joy ends, I ordered red onion & gruyere tart on dressed leaves. The tart was ok had a bit of a soggy bottom - microwave?? but the leaves were old, turning black at the edges, limp & naked except for a couple of blobs of oil. They were not dressed, the chef obviously does not know what a vinaigrette is, so for his advancement I have put in a link for him. You cannot serve salads without some sort of dressing/vinaigrette:

The whole experience was alleviated by a charming waitress. Although she should have offered to take that portion of the cost off the bill, and it is for this reason I have rated it poor value

1  Thank marian-daisy
Reviewed January 24, 2014

As we walked in we noticed the lack of staff presence. The party in front of us actually got fed up waiting and walked out. When we eventually found someone and our meals came, a lady came in and was trying to sell raffle tickets ! She even sat down at someone's table!! Staff said they didn't notice her!
The toilets smelt bad and needed cleaning and anyone over a size 16 would have trouble getting round the door of the cubicle. Good job the meal was nice and good value for money!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've been coming to The Bull for a traditional meal with the family for about 4 years now and for the first time in years I've appauled with the customer service received during our time. We arrive for our resevation at 7:00 pm and as we enter the pub owner/landlord/manager called Emrys insisted, not implied, that I take my bobble hat off. Since being with my family and not wanting to cause a scene I took it off straight away.
As we order food, under the assumption that Emrys knew who I was because I am a member of a Welsh musical festoval that's annually held at the pub fortyard and been coming to the pub for years for the odd pint with friends. So as I order my drink, which was a pint of cider, he immediately asks for proof of age. Being understandable because I do have a young face I give him my provisional drivers license. Now I don't know the correct way to test fake identification but I assume, due to the fact I've never seen his method used in ANY other pub where bending and flicking the corners of the I.D actually works. But nonetheless I allowed him to try and break my ine of two forms of I.D that would cost an excess of £49 if broken.
As we prepared to leave the restauraunt and I put my coat on and my bobble hat just being immediately insisted, again, to put my hat off. His lack of politness is unbelievably disgusting. The fact he talk to me like he knows who I was to then asking for proof of age and not asking if I could take off my hat but he was demanding that I took it off without saying please or thank you.
Indon't want to sound rude but age must've hit him because he's forgotten how to use his manners. He must've thought that coming from Llangefni and being a local I wouldn't complain but
I'm sorry to say but he needs to redevelop/develop his mannerism towards customers who are paying to keep his pub going.
Disappointment is the main word that comes to my mind, and I hope that Emrys learns to be kinder to people who's paying his wages.

5  Thank jamiej0nes_
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had Sunday lunch at the Bull and it was excellent value for money. It is a carvery and the food was lovely and hot, the meat was carved straight off the joint.