“Miserable and dark.”

Ranked #2 of 4 Llangefni B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Miserable and dark.”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I am local I suppose, but still this place makes me miserable.We went for a quick drink, but the place is so dark, dirty and dingy I decided there and then not to go back again. It is in the middle of Llangefni so why is it like this I have no idea. The manager who served was fine and pleasant but the place needs a good clean and refurbishment. When the manager( male) is there there are no problems wit staff otherwise forget it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank suitcase0810

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2014

A mix up with an early booking (my fault) meant I had to ring up and query being charged for a night I did not stay. The gentleman I spoke to was very kind and understanding and sorted the whole thing out for me then and there. Very much appreciated!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank busybee571
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We spent 7 nights at this place breakfast full english greasy and over cooked . The room was ok but needed a duster putting round it. We ate twice in resturant both times dissapointed. Never again. Only good thing i could say is the car park.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank misspiggy5
Oswestry , England
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Good food, friendly staff. Room comfortable but could do with a refurbishment. The rates were quite reasonable with breakfast included.
The town itself is a bit drab with nothing much in it. The only other pub open was a bit rough. We wont be back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Belper, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at this hotel and I was so disappointed. I was dubious of it's location having lived on Anglesey but saw some ok reviews. The car park is a good feature but for £70 a night I felt it was over priced. At weekends the pub opposite has live bands and the noise is apparently terrible.

The rooms are clean but not comfortable. Our room was boiling hot and the bed rock hard. Our shower was scolding hot and wouldn't turn off. The breakfast didn't have any choice - it was welsh breakfast or cereal which in 2014 doesn't work.

Downstairs the place felt grubby and a number of our fellow guests complained about breakfast in front of us.

We ate at the restaurant the first evening and Found it very expensive for the poor quality food on offer.

The man on reception was lovely and couldn't have helped us more. He maybe shouldn't have admitted the they don't charge for the stag till after because "so many people Complain and it's a pain to refund the money."

What a shame - if you modernised the hotel I'd come back despite the location.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had dinner at the bull hotel when visiting Anglesey. We were walking round LLangefni one day when we came across The Bull Hotel so decided to book a table for the evening. when we arrived later they said there was no booking ! Luckily they had a table free ! The building itself is very impressive looking , we were hoping the food matched it but sadly no! Everything seemed overdone and not very well presented, the staff didn't seem bothered and kept disappearing, we weren't offered the wine list or asked if we wanted desserts or coffees ! I was sadly disappointed, its such a shame as it could be so much better !!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had an agreeable 2 night stay at the Bull Hotel over Easter.
I do not understand why they are reviews complaining about the Hotel being shabby , it is not at all shabby . It is a very old building (the hotel buff says built in 1817 ) & so just looks aged but with old -world charm.
The room & bathroom was spacious & clean, the bed comfy, bed linen & towels were a nice quality .
The infamous chiming clock tower was directly outside my room & did not disturb my sleep.
The welcome from Gwenda was warm & friendly & both Gwenda & the manager Emrys went out of their ( very busy ) way to make us feel at home & give advice on our days out.
We ate twice in the restaurant & the food was good quality pub grub , large portions ,nicely cooked & reasonably priced .
The Bull hotel surpassed my expectations & I left thinking I got plenty for the price . Good value all round.

Room Tip: Ask for the haunted room ( room 6 ) no sign of a ghost ,but plenty of room if one does appear !!