“overnight stay”
Review of Harbour Hotel

Harbour Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cemaes Bay
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Our 1st visit to this hotel and would definately visit again, had a nice room with a balcony with lovely views to the harbour, the hotel is dog friendly and our dog was made welcome in most areas of the hotel, very friendly staff, a great choice of food on the menu, our meal was very enjoyable, very well cooked, and had a great well cooked breakfast ...lovely location...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim W
There are newer reviews for Harbour Hotel

Reviewed May 12, 2014

It's not very often myself and my wife are able to spend quality time together, but on Saturday May 10th I looked on the web and found Harbour hotel. The price was appealing and the web site was amazing. I booked via Booking. com and then we set of on a three hour journey from West Yorkshire. On arrival, my first impression was a run down hotel, lacking in paint and quite shabby. My wife commented that the hotel looked like a stop over for builders and tradesmen. How ironic then that as we approached, a group of men in muddy boots and day glow jackets should also arrive. Check in was by means of a bell system by the side of reception. This clearly did not work, so after 20 mins we approached the bar area and a young man gave us keys to room No 15. We entered the room and that's when the shock really set in. the window was surrounded in mold, carpet badly stained, light shades coated in dust and grime, handles on furniture broken off. dents and holes in walls, walls painted at some stage but over painted on to ceiling, shower/ toilet was frighteningly filthy with a pungent smell of stale urine, tile grout was extremely moldy. After a long deliberation we decided to stay and chose to wash in the sink that was in the main room. The so called en-suite had no window and no extractor fan. I had booked a table in the bistro (Cafeteria) for an evening meal and i was looking forward to their Harbour burger meal because everything on the menu is stated that it is not fast food and that it may take a little longer to cook. well i am sure you will all agree that 45 mins for a burger and frozen chips is a bit extreme. My wife ordered of the menu the chefs special curry and asked the waitress what sort of curry was it. she replied "i'll go and ask" but she only returned when the food was ready. To the horror of my wife it was king prawn. the waitress asked if every thing was ok and we informed her that no not really and we explained about the prawns. she said sorry but then walked off without offering my wife another choice. After a discussion, we decided not to complain due to the simple fact that if any complaint was to become heated in anyway then we may have to leave the premises and that was not possible because i had drank three pints of beer and my wife does not drive. We went up to our room and listened to the fan noise outside of our window for a couple of hours until we fell asleep. After been woken at 7am by creaky floor board and constant door banging, I went down for breakfast while my wife was getting ready. The breakfast was not too bad and I should only complain about bad experiences so i would give it 7 out of 10 but my wife chose to have a Mars Bar for breakfast from a local shop due to the shenanigans of the previous evening. All in all a very shocking experience that I will be taking up with the owners. After all. they can't throw us out now. Beware!!! don't be fooled by their website like Iwas

Room Tip: Do Your home work before booking any hotel
9  Thank RAVJAN
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Booked the hotel 11 weeks in advance paid £62.50 on arrival given a room at the back of the hotel with no views which was next to the kitchen extractor fan which ran all night, when I asked the gentleman on reception what time it would be turned off his reply whilst eating a biscuit was, when we are finished. There were three drums marked hazardous outside our window.
creaky floorboards, very shabby unclean décor.
At breakfast there was a dog lying under the table (although there we signs stating no dogs past the dining point) breakfast cereals were out of date, and the cooked breakfast was poor quality
our advise is avoid if possible

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed at The Harbour for 3 nights, our 4th visit. This is a dog friendly hotel, the décor is looking a little tired but it is clean, the staff are friendly, there is a wide choice on the menu and the food is excellent. It is located on the coastal footpath and is a great base for exploring the island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front which have balconies overlooking the harbour.
2  Thank Curlew29
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stopped at the Harbour Hotel again , staff very friendly and helpfull even when i didnt book-in till 8-30pm, food was very good , rooms very clean , breakfast was brill, and hotels in a lovely spot right on the harbour and beach .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank bug700es
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had a meal at the Harbour - our last meal of a brilliant week at Cemaes Bay. The food was OK although not all our order was delivered. Given the rudeness of the staff when we ordered (in particular, an older man behind the bar) we didn't dare ask for the order to be put right. We spent nearly £100 between us and would have stayed for a few more drinks but decided to leave as soon as we finished. There are much better reviews on this site - I can only assume other staff were on duty that day. If you are in the area, try the chip shop or the Stag - much better!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BobbysGirl11
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed with my mum whilst visiting family in Cemaes bay. Room was very cosy, clean and warm. Bed very noisy everytime I turned but that was my only complaint on the room really. Staff friendly and evening meal, although pricey was very nice. Breakfast was delicious too. The only problems I found personnally was the dull continious noise of music from the bar below. Also again waking us up just after 7am with the same dull thud. Next doors barking dog wasn't appreciated either. I do like a lie in whilst on holiday so would not stay again only due to the comments I made.

Room Tip: Brill if you have a dog
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
#2 of 4 in Beaumaris
The Anglesey Arms
The Anglesey Arms
#4 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!