All reviews fish pie chowder budget hotel the pub breakfast was amazing lick of paint evening meal tea and coffee lovely view room was spotless pudding stayed for one night lovely meal second visit coastal path balcony harbour
Reviewed May 13, 2012

stayed there for 2 nights and after the first i was ready to come home . watch out friday night is kareoke night, followed by a bit of dubstep and ragga jungle which is cool unless u can hear it all.
fire alarms going off , walls to ajoining rooms not insulated , serios sound problems i dont enjoy my daughter being woken up everytime next door goes for a wee because the empty studded wall is the only thing between next doors loo and the kids bed ... nice... dated shabby woodchip on the walls stained grey ceilings im a decorator and can see my room hadnt seen and paint in a decade at least . creaky creaky creaky creaky the hole place creaks and you can hear every one.
saying all this the staff are nice the foods not bad and its a great spot, just really disappointed on my family room as with most familys with small kids have to spend a good few hours in there.
it was dingy needs some money invested in those rooms

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

What you get here is a hotel in a great location with friendly staff and good service. Ok, the decor is a bit dated but, in my opinion, it delivers great value. Food in the bistro is good and breakfast is prepared to order.

Room tip: Aim for a harbour view. Some people have noted the noise from the public bar which is situated at the rear.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Bobcat901
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We found the room adequate for our needs, it was clean and the beds were made daily.
We ate in the Bistro and found the food exceptional both for the evening meal and breakfast,and the Staff were very friendly and helpful.
But oh dear! the Music in the evenings from the public bar was intrusive and lasted until midnight and then noisy people leaving.
We unfortunately had a room above the bar which is ok if you are in the bar or out!.
We feel that it should be mentioned on the web site that the rooms above the bar could be noisy.

Room tip: Do not pick a room over the bar unless you like Music
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Was visiting family and needed a place to work on my laptop for a couple of hours. So I popped down to the Harbour Hotel to see if the lounge was open to anyone and if the Internet access was available. I am pleased to say they were very welcoming pointed me to a table with a view overlooking the bay with plug and complimentary wifi access! Every time I ordered a coffee it was brought over to me without delay. I will most definantly be back laptop in hand.

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank JDP1971
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed twice so far in this very friendly Hotel. The staff were both time professional and friendly.
Our room was facing the harbour and it was clean and well presented.The bed was big and particularly comfortable.
All members of staff are extremely pleasant and can not do enough to make your stay as pleasurable as possible.
The restaurant and bar are clean, offer superb choice and above all are friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was brilliant - plenty of it and great quality.
I would recommend this hotel to friends, family and business associates alike.

Date of stay: July 2011