“welcome stop”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“welcome stop”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We sat outside due to us having our dog with us,but the landlord did let us take him through to the balcony so we could have some cover as it was drizzling.The beer is nice and the food was very good,i had chilli and rice,it was hot but that is as described on the menu,my hubby had the steak and ale pie and this was delicious.The only thing that spoiled our stay,was a persistant drunk who started to get annoying but i guess every pub will get someone who is tanked up and its best to ignore them i find.

• Visited May 2014

“Stag inn.......good value”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We recently had a holiday again in Cemaes bay, and used the Stag for 3meals, good food at a good price, staff friendly and helpful, and even used by the locals, only downfall.....it does get busy....and seating is at a premium, but we all soon got fed and "watered"
Will return again!

Visited April 2014
Rawtenstall, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Distinctly average”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I ate here during the Easter holidays with my husband and two young children on a short break to Anglesey. We had arrived at 5.30pm to be told that we couldn't order until 6pm so we went for a wander around the village and came back about 20 minutes later. By this time there were 2 other tables sat down whose food arrived at their table pretty much at 6pm. I couldn't quite understand why we couldn't have ordered early too, particularly given that we had a 3 year old who was ready for his dinner.
Anyway, the food arrived and the children had ordered sausages, chips and beans which went down well. My husband had the meat pie which he said was quite tasty although the pastry disintegrated to next to nothing. I unfortunately ordered the chilli king prawns which I would not recommend. I do not feel that 5 king prawns sat in an awful oily sauce represents good value for money at £8. The portion would be what I would have expected as a starter and there was absolutely no taste of chilli.
As for the friendliness of the staff that other reviewers talk about....... well they must have been having an off day because the bar staff we dealt with could not have been described as friendly.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Emma H
Salford, United Kingdom
“Worth calling in”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I've been a regular visitor to the stag over the last few years. There's always a warm welcome & a lovely balcony overlooking the harbour. The food is pretty good value too.

Birmingham
“Excellent food again”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Just eaten for the second night in a row here whilst on holiday. What can I say... Chicken and leek pie. Delicious! Beef and ale pie. Excellent! Good home cooked food and value for money .,highly recommend. Bar staff are friendly and welcoming. Couldn't wish for more!

Visited April 2014