“Friendly pit stop”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Only popped in for a chance to warm up over a pint. Stayed for a lovely lunch and a chat with the bar man. Very friendly and lovely dinner. Proper fire place and a good pint to go with it all. Worth a stop off if you're passing by!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have eaten here many times over the last two years and have been regally hosted! It is a traditional pub and not the biggest by far but what the place lacks in size is more than compenstaed by the fresh food offered. The menu is somewhat restricted but it delivers exactly what it says and at the most reasonable prices in the area. The cafetiers of coffee are also very good value. It is well worth calling in if you are nearby, particularly when it is cold and damp and the fire is burning!.

Oh and I can also testify that their hand pulled beers are extremely well kept! Marstons on all the time and weekly guest ales.

Visit and see for yourselves!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

First time visiting this charming pub and am sure we will be going back again when we are in the area. There was quite a range to choose from on the menu board, infact one of our party commented that there was too much choice and she couldnt make her mind up what to have. She eventually decided,along with another of our party,on the chicken pie & chips.It looked,and as my two friends stated,tasted deliciouse,with a large fluffy crust on top of a dish filled with big pieces of chicken. Another friend had the asparagus risotto that came with so much salad she couldn't finish it,although the risotto dish was emptied. One of the men had gamon egg & chips which he said the gamon was.on the salty side,but that is often the case with gamon. My husband settled on the beer battered hadock chips and peas,the comment there was "lovely light batter on a tasty piece of fish with nice fat chips". As for myself I chose the cheese & broccoll bake,it was advertised with salad but I fancied chips instead,other places I have been would still serve the salad and charge extra for the chips but at the Stag they were substituted which I thought was very good. All in all six of us had a very good lunch served by a polite young man who we told would be seeing us again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Love this place when staying in Cemaes. Eaten on a few occasions and cant fault it. Next visit to the village will see us here again!!

1  Thank madmayo
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a good, real pub,
not a plastic palace and long may
they prosper.
Good beer and quality, home made pub food at a reasonable price.
Little too fault here.