“Dinner at the Woburn”

Woburn Hill Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 6 Restaurants in Cemaes Bay
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse
Description: Fresh local produce served daily with an exciting specials board full of favourite and new and exciting dishes
Reviewed November 28, 2012

During our visit to Cemaes Bay, we visited the Woburn Hotel for dinner. It was excellent! The roasted chicken and garlic bread was wonderful. The staff was very courteous and the service was very personal. Highly recommend a stop here during your visit!

woburnhill, Owner at Woburn Hill Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

I thank you for your kind comments, it is pleasing when visitors from other countries, as in your case Aerica, do appreciate our menu and service. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Had the option on where we wanted to sit. Food very hot, best meal i'd had in a long long time!! Very good quality and price very reasonable!

woburnhill, Owner at Woburn Hill Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and enjoyed the option of choosing where to dine. I hope you have the opportunity to dine with us again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent food, good service and the other guests were really nice and friendly. Very good prices for food and wine.

1  Thank NICOLA H
woburnhill, Owner at Woburn Hill Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal and found it good value, appreciated the level of service and the company of our other clientele. We look forward to welcoming you again should you be staying in the area.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Food cooked to perfection, great choice and reasonably priced. It is open to non residents and well worth a visit

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal and felt that it was good value and worth recommending us to other diners.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Cemaes Bay is really remote, in an ideallic location and has more tourists than locals. In most touristy places this combination results in bad food at high prices and we did not have great expectations. We chose the Woburn Hill Hotel to eat as the menu was reasonably varied and pretty good value.
The restaurant feels very like a B&B or slightly dated hotel, but don't let that put you off. The beer was cold and fresh, the wine choice reasonable and well priced and the service was immediate. We asked how we wanted our lamb cooked, if we wanted gravy, how we wanted the potatoes, if we wanted peas - great attention to detail.
We had different starters and they both arrived promptly, were generous in size and excellent value. My wives mussels were cooked perfectly, hot and the correct colour but still moist. A lot of rather expensive restaurants fail to manage this and I was impressed.
We both had local lamb chops for the main, my wife asked for hers pink (as they should be) but I asked for mine well done as I'm a glutton for crispy fat. When the mains arrived I was even more impressed as my wives were cooked to perfection, nice and pink yet with crisp fat. I wish I'd asked mine cooked the same but was worried the fat would be underdone - the chef clearly understands how to cook meat well. The accompaniments were plentiful and the value excellent.

I advise readers to pay little heed to the 2 star review - anyone who enjoys food from Iceland and Beefeater restaurants has, in my view, a rather limited palette and shouldn't consider becoming a food critic! I'd have awarded the restaurant 5 stars but the atmosphere was a little formal and old fashioned and I felt a little underdressed in my walking boots!

2  Thank slightlytasty
woburnhill, Owner at Woburn Hill Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that you felt the menu, service and the preparation of your meal were good enough for you to write a review, our new customers tell us that they find them helpful. We are constantly looking at ways to keep the appearance of the hotel and restaurant fresh whilst keeping the traditional feel, and will be bearing your comments in mind.