“A very Pleasant Evening”
Review of Bay Cafe

Bay Cafe
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Benllech
Cuisines: Cafe, Welsh
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A very Pleasant Evening”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went for evening meal with my wife. It was Monday and we had booked the week before. There was only one table for two empty. The restaurant initially appears to have a very limited menu, until you look around. There must be at least six boards with specials. I had stuffed sea bass, my wife sirloin steak which was twice the thickness she was expecting. Was given an extra plate for the bones, which are plentiful in sea bass. We both had starters which were more than ample and were very sorry to say pass to the delicious looking sweets. The food is all home cooked and delicious and very reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2013

“Excellent as ever”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table for Friday night to end our holiday on the island. We came here two years ago a few times and hoped that it would still be owned by the same friendly Scotchman, luckily it was!

The location is perfect looking over the bay plus the food was again excellent and the service was very quick.

All the young staff where very polite and helpful to the extent that when our deserts arrived, my chocolate fudge cake had two scoops of ice cream and my wife's only had one. I asked the young lad who served us if my wife should have had two scoops of ice cream which he said it should have and promptly went into the kitchen and returned with four additional scoops of ice cream in a dish and apologised for the mistake!!

Very reasonably priced and a great location and will definitely return again on our next visit to the island.

Visited June 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Super Lunch, Fabulous Views, just spot on.......”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent home cooked food, value for money. Super service, extremely helpful staff. I am a dog owner and needed as table outside, the staff reserved a table outside at a suitable time for me to return. I would not hesitate returning to this little gem, next time I return to Benllech.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nicola E
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely views”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We sat by the window looking out on to Benllech beach. It was beautiful. We had the cheeseburgers and chips and they were delicious.

Visited June 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Cute cafe, decent prices, very crowded.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Not agreeing with the 5* reviews.
I was expecting a larger cafe than what it is, it's absolutely tiny! I swear my small living room is actually bigger. There are about 7 tables and probably around 30 seats? All very close together.

The menu was average, all very cliche food. The specials looked great but I hadn't noticed them until I'd actually ordered. As a waitress myself I think they would have benefited much more by having a print out with the specials inside the menu. I had scampi which was really nice and tasty and the portion sizes are large. My boyfriend had a lasagne which was really oily, absolutely saturated.

The waitress was in a world of her own. Was under the impression it was table service but she just stood at the counter playing with her nails. Don't get me wrong, the rest of the staff were switched on and pleasant. Again when it came to sweets we had to ask, and we waited for a while although it wasn't majorly busy. After about 10 minutes although we saw her get the sweet straight away and go off and have a discussion with another member of staff... she came back and told us they no longer had any? Ordered another one but I imagined it was homemade, I was wrong, pretty sure it was a Toblerone Torte I can pick up in Tescos.

However, the views from this place are lovely and it has its own parking. The decor inside is so cute and all nautical themed. The place is clean and prices are decent for the portion size you get.

• Visited April 2013