“Pleasant Stay”

Gwesty Plas Glanrafon
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benllech
Gwesty Plas Glanrafon
Ranked #9 of 10 Benllech B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Myself and my partner booked for two nights at the Plas Glanrafon, We stayed on a Bed and Breaskfast basis. The room we occupied although basic was clean and comfortable. The host's Jeff & Steff have only just taken over the Hotel and are planning to do some updating of rooms in the closed season. they were both very welcoming. We only ate breakfast there but really enjoyed it . all in all a good value for money break, we will be going back there next time we are in north Wales.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have ensuite bathrooms , best to ask at time of booking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Myself and my partner and his family tried this on one occasion when it was his eldest daughters birthday out of the eight of us there were (5 Adults and 3 children aged 5yrs, 3 yrs and 13 months) we set out early so that the children could be in bed at a respectable time of 19:00 hrs, we arrived at about 17:30 - 17:40 hrs and at 19:30 after one of the starters (soup) had not been done for which there was a refund for this and the steak, gammon for three of the main meals were not done to the preferred cooking instructions we had a refund and a bottle of wine given to us but only after the chef had come out to us and admitted himself that the steak/gammon was not done to the preferred cooking instructions. The person who is renting the hotel offered us a free meal for the following day, he was told point blank that we would not be back again, we then left after he had given us the refund and went to the shop near to where we were staying to get a cake to share.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We visited this hotel because I stayed here as a kid 40 years ago and I wanted to see how the place looked now. Unfortunately, we found the hotel was dingy, dirty and served overpriced, very poor quality food. I can safely say this was one of the worst meals I have eaten in any hotel/restaurant I've ever been to. I really wish I hadn't gone to this place and ruined the great memories I had of it from my childhood.

1  Thank Aberdeen_Gooner
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Stayed to two nights, booked last miniute, new owners very down to earth and accomodating. Kids enjoyed the break. Hotel rooms basic, but clean. Wish the owners all the luck in the world with their new buisiness.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2009

What a lovely place to stay for any ages. Since a young couple took over about 8 months ago the Glanraffon has become a great place to stay and eat in. There is good food, very clean but basis rooms, excellent service, and a good family feel about it. It is also dog friendly.

Any one that stayed 12 months ago I would advise them to go back because they will be amazed with the transformation.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from an easter stay at the Glanrafon Hotel in Anglesey. The rooms are quite basic but very clean. We stayed on a room only basis, as they have just reopened the accommodation. We were informed that the young couple in charge have just recently took over the pub. They seem to be doing a good job, they were polite and very helpful. My husband was impressed with price and quality of the beer and the friendly family atmosphere in the bar. Also the food was of a good standard.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I have stayed at the Glanrafon several times over the past 5 years and noticed that it was going down hill about 12 months ago. Even so i decided to give it a second chance last weekend when visiting family in the area. When i arrived on the off chance a room maybe available i was very pleasantly surprised when i found that it had been taken over by a lovely young couple who had worked hard over the 6 months to bring the hotel and pub back to its former glory.
They made me feel very welcome and the rooms we're excellent. I would highly reccomend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucyw3211

Been to Gwesty Plas Glanrafon? Share your experiences!