Neptune Bistro
Ranked #23 of 35 Restaurants in Beaumaris
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood served in our bistro.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Monday one o'clock. One person serving. We ate in. Poor chips, limp and very small. Fish was godd, but it was presented in polystyrene boxes with plastic forks! The tables didn't get cleared because there was no one to do it. A customer asked for her chips to be double fried. Maybe it stiffens them up. NO toilets.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had lunch in the bistro twice, going back the second time in a week because the fish and chips were so good we wanted to have them again. The battered fish was the best we had on Anglesey that week; the chips so so. We ate in the restaurant upstairs which doesn't have a lot of atmosphere but is cheerful. The scallop appetizer is delicious and the Eton Mess was good. We drank cider and beer so I can't comment on the price of a bottle of wine or the service at dinnertime. It's on the main street in town and about a block from the harbor so you can take a walk along the waterfront or climb around in the nearby castle to get some exercise after the big meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Purchased fish and chips to go. I had to ask the girl who served me was it a mini fish meal! She pulled the box back out of my hands and threw me in a slightly bigger fish. Very poor value for money

Reviewed May 22, 2013

CONTEXT
A dinner out in the restaurant above the fish and chip shop for two people. Having had excellent fish and chips here before, we wanted to try out the restaurant.

PROS
Friendly staff.
Interesting menu.
Beef and ale pie was fantastic.

CONS
Wines are expensive.
The restaurant upstairs has a very clinical, cold feel to it, suggesting upmarket, but this is not borne out by the service, at least that which we got on that evening.
Drinks serving - the young lad who served our wine might have opened the bottle, poured, and allowed us to taste it, instead of simply plonking it down on the table and asking us if everything was alright. Particulary when the wine was £16 a bottle at its cheapest.
Being rushed - the waitress did not give us a great deal of time between courses, or between the end of the main course and asking if we wanted dessert. We both got the idea we were being rushed. She later confessed that she was rushing to get back to Manchester that evening - not the customers' problem, and certainly not cause to rush them.
Chip Shop/Restaurant - as I say above, the beef pie was lovely, but the chips that accompanied it came straight up from the chip shop below. Don't get me wrong, I love fish and chips, but when I am paying what I paid for the meal, I would appreciate greater care with the potato side dish than what was taken.

CONCLUSION
Not a bad little place but needs to pay attention to the smaller details in order to reach its potential. More professional service, less expensive wines, and this would be a fantastic eaterie.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Whenever i am in Beaumaris i always pop in here, the best fish and chips around and they are really good on price too