“Great food, leave room for dessert!”

Bishopsgate Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Beaumaris
Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great food beautifully presented - leave room for the the superb desserts. Fresh local produce sourced and the location is ideal if you are staying in Beaumaris. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Reading the "excellent" reviews on this hotel and restaurant, I do wonder if there is another Beaumaris with a different Bishopsgate Hotel/Resaurant and I went to the wrong one. The food was okay but not nearly 5 Star, average at best.

4  Thank SirTony
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The food was absolutely delicious! Ate As much as we could! Really friendly staff with a good atmosphere & when my partner proposed the staff were so lovely & generous! Would definitely come here again when visiting (we live in England) & would recommend to anyone! :)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Like a previous reviewer we went during a busy period (freshers week). We had not booked and were told they were fully booked for the evening but if we could order before 7pm they could accommodate us, and it was stressed that we would NOT be rushed which was in fact true. The food was absolutely fantastic, with presentation only outdone by the taste. The service was prompt and efficient, my only gripe was when asked what type of cheese was on our cheeseboard the waiter did not know, however he went away and came back with the answer, Stilton, which was fine but there were at least 6 types of cheese. The decor to the restaurant is a little dated but that should not take away from the excellent food and service. We will definately be returning.

2  Thank maggiew1961
Reviewed September 29, 2013

On Saturday 28th sept my wife and I along with12 friends went to the bishopsgate for my wife's 60 th birthday. What a great night. The food was fantastic. I had for main meal chicken stuffed with chorizo and it was to die for. I was one of many who had this and some had a beef in red wine which was very tasty. We had bottles of house red and white so tasty. Hazel and staff looked after us so well. The service was nothing less than excellent. If you are looking for somewhere for a do go for the bishopsgate you will not be disappointed . Hazel thank you very much.