“Wonderful food and service”

Bishopsgate Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Beaumaris
Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We went with a toddler for an early meal. The staff were wonderful, we were thoughtfully seated (bearing in mind the toddler), and brought out extra chunky chips when they saw my son eating mine (very grateful to not loose all of them!). The food was amazing, I had beetroot and goats cheese salad, filet steak with chunky chips and lemon meringue pie. Every element was absolutely delicious, couldn't fault a single thing. We went after reading tripadvisor reviews, and the high score is well deserved.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank 123jjsdhf123

Sax, Spain
“A CULINARY ORGASMIC DELIGHT”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was the last restaurant in which I dined during my Anglesey Coastal Walk adventure. The most amiable owner had made a few calls on my behalf for a suitable one night B&B accommodation earlier in the day and I had promised to return for dinner after having seen the menu. I'm so glad i did.
The fillet of local sea bass served on top of braised leeks with the cherry tomato sauce was absolutely divine and long will it be remembered on my short list of all time favourite fish dishes or any other dish for that matter. Bravo Chef, it was a culinary triumph and delight!

2 Thank iorwerth e
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Well deserved credit”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked this for my birthday, attracted by the reviews. It is easy to find on the main street in Beaumaris if you approach from Menai Bridge. Parking can be challenge, though we did find out after returning to the town the next day that there is a small car park for the hotel at the rear.

We arrived on time and our order was taken in the bar by the first of what we later find to be a complete team of pleasant and attentive staff. Few beers actually on draft I noted. Through to our table the restaurant has a traditional homely feel about it. Tables well set to provide space and seclusion. However food appeared more contemporary that traditional, and good food it was. My starter was black and white pudding with crispy bacon. Supreme pieces of pudding they were. My main was the duck which was equally enjoyable. So much so we had to invest in desert and my white chocolate truffle torte was a perfect density to finish the meal. We declined coffees so the whole event came to £66 for two of us with drinks, not having used the set meal options I still feel we received excellent value for money.

Bishopsgate more than deserves its high status on Tripadvisor.

2 Thank RealGoneKid
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, outstanding service, great value”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

During a 3 night stay at the Bishopsgate we ate exclusively in the restaurant and found the menu held up well - no one felt choices were getting repetitive and we all wished we'd booked for an entire week so that we could try every dish on the menu! Darren and Ian, the chefs, are exeptional - they're both clearly committed to giving the best quality local produce the special Bishopsgate treatment and their rump of lamb, cooked perfectly pink and in generous portions was clearly a big seller on that week's menu. Other favourites included the king prawn starters which were seriously fresh and seriously 'king' and the wine list was impressively chosen by Hazel, the Proprietor - who's many years in the industry and consummate professionalism ensure that every guest receives the same first class service.
I have never eaten a better cooked breakfast - no oily buffets here! We were able to choose any combination of individual items (all freshly & perfectly cooked to order) from an extensive menu with ongoing refills of tea, coffee, toast etc. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

1 Thank flacca t
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Quality food with excellent service”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very tasty, well presented food with very good delivery in terms of timing. Very nice atmosphere and staff were very friendly. Went here because of the reviews it had received and we are very glad we did. If you go to Beaumaris you really must go here and sample the very good food with a varied menu. Food was lovely and hot and very well cooked - huge compliments to the chef. Very reasonably priced.