“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Beaumaris
Formby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a lovely stay in a first class hotel. Stayed at the hotel for the weekend of 29/30 September and really can't speak highly enough about the standard of accomodation and the food served. Hazel is an amazing host and together with her excellent staff made my mother and I truly welcome. Such a tranquil relaxing hotel which I will visit again at the earliest opportunity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed again for 2 nights at the Bishopgate House Hotel (29th & 30th Sept) and had a lovely time. Hazel remembered us from our first trip, but maybe that had something to do with Henry our loud JRT!

We got a lovely warm welcome and shown to our room on the top floor, this gave lovely view over the street through to the sea! We ate both nights in the restaurant, the first night I had Chicken and Choritzo and Mike had Steak..... both we fantastic and there was clean plates all round. The 2nd night I had braised beef and Mike had Gammon steak. The gammon wasn't part of the menu but with Hazels recommendation who could resist! Again, both meals were fantastic.

It's also a nice touch that you can enjoy a drink in the lounge or bar rather than sitting at your table whilst the food is being prepared. It's a very relaxed atmosphere and no matter how stressed you are on arrival, you are soon relaxed...... feels like a home from home.

We love it and will be regulars! Thanks again to Hazel for being a fantastic host and to Nathan and Kate for fantastic food and fantastic service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. My wife and I wanted to visit Anglesey, and take our dog, so this was one of very few choices. But you'd never guess, apart from a water bowl in the hallway, that this place allowed dogs - everything was clean and lovely.

The room was great, the bed was comfortable and the view was great too. The food was fantastic too...I've got very little to complain about, and I think if you want to spend some time in one of the most beautiful areas of the country, you could do a lot worse.

Pretty much my sole complaint is the wifi, which was too weak to make it to our room...but it's an old building, with thick walls, so it's to be expected. The TV reception was pretty bad too, but the simple answer is to not spend a lot of time in your room and you'll be fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Rafael
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I don't often write reviews but when the occasion warrants one, I do so enthusiastically. I also have never given out a rating of 5 before. But the staff and the accommodations of the Bishopsgate House and Hotel in Wales is most deserving of this high recommendation! The location is serene, the staff incredibly friendly and extraordinarily helpful (particularly to me after I was abandoned by my tour guide), the room comfy, spotless, and with a view of the water, the shower had unlimited hot water, and food was exceptional. I was here on vacation, the staff did their very best to make my stay comfortable, and Nathan went out of his way to help me in my time of need. You won't go wrong staying here!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank SeaKayaker2008
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were on the last minute and just got the last room. The room was so cosy and the bed just seemed to wrap itself round you. The staff were so friendly and efficient I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan E
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had a lovely evening dinning at this Hotel. The staff were really friendly and the food was superb. Would thoroughly recommend the crab starter the Hake main and definitely the sticky toffee pudding. Absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this after arriving in Beaumaris and searching on Tripadvisor for accommodation. There was one room left, a small room in the eaves with a view over the main street and also the pier on the Menai Strait. This was fine for us and we also booked a table for a meal. The food and service was superb, no wonder they have so many AA rosettes. We had a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed and were served a lovely breakfast. All staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. A real gem and we would definitely return. Thanks very much!

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaumaris
The Bulkeley Hotel
Lastra Farm Hotel & Restaurant
Castle Court Guest House
Castle Court Guest House
#3 of 4 in Beaumaris

Been to Bishopsgate House Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!