“made my day :)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Starida Puffin Island Cruises & Sea Fishing Trips
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Beaumaris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wildlife and sightseeing cruises along the Menai Straits and sea fishing trips, all departing from Beaumaris Pier, Anglesey. Full details and sailing schedule available on our website.
Normanton, null, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“made my day :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Reasonably pticed and extremely enjoyable boat trip to Puffin Island, I saw a LOT of seals in their natural habitat frolicking on the rocks and I have to say it made me smile from ear to ear, we also saw puffins which apparently doesnt happen very often - very happy!!!!
The commentary was interesting and caused us to visit other places the next day which we probably wouldnt have known about.
The skipper was lovely and Simon his assistant was happy to help anyone with anything.

The second trip to the Menai bridge was not as exciting BUT we did to get to see a lot of nice houses and the Menai bridge is an extraordinary feat of engineering.

London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had a large group booking of 35+ to entertain for the afternoon in Beaumaris, the staff were quick to help and offer flexibility whenever I needed it, and we had a lovely experience because of them.

The trip itself at 90 minutes, I was worried wouldn't keep everybody entertained, however, I'm very happy to say I was wrong. The natural beauty of the area spoke for itself, and the skipper's helpful and informative commentary only complemented the trip. We were fortunate enough to see plenty of puffins before they disappeared for summer and a fair few seals as well as many other different types of birds.

I, personally, am very apprehensive on boats, but Starida services' 'Island Princess' definitely put me at ease, and the ride was comfortable and smooth. At excellent value for money as well, it's definitely worth a visit to Beaumaris.

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We saw lots of birds, including to my great excitement, puffins, which I have never seen before. The trip is just the right length and the commentary a wonderful combination of the skipper's own remarks and a short recorded account of history etc. I think (for older uk readers only) the man who recorded the history was dressed in a dinner jacket... There was just the right amount of information, and plenty of time to look around, and the skipper was great at pointing out the birds we wanted to see. It became more of an adventure when having set out in clear blue skies and sun, the heavens then opened. Lots of waterproof ponchoes were produced for those who wanted them. I would recommend this to anyone - both skipper and mate very friendly, helpful and pleasant and a perfect short jaunt with no fuss.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Afternoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

As a local I look at Puffin Island a lot. With a friend coming to stay I decided to do something touristy and wasn't dissapointed. We embarked on a lovely comfortable boat and chugged off to the island to the narrated audio guide pointing out sights on the way. As it was high tide we missed the seals taking in some rays but say them bobbing up and down in the water. Plenty of bird life on the island could be seen in detail with binoculars too. The staff were friendly and helpful and a good trip was had by all.

Visited May 2014
Wolverhampton
“Great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great days fishing / skipper.. knowledgeable on fish marks.Very helpful with the less experienced anglers. All ready planning next trip..