“Excellent for take away pastry/sandwiches for lunch”
Review of Castle Bakery - CLOSED

Castle Bakery
Cuisines: Cafe
Macedonia, Ohio
“Excellent for take away pastry/sandwiches for lunch”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We chose some pastry and sandwiches for a take away picnic lunch which we ate near the waterfront a short distance away.

Visited September 2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Home baked - really?”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very nice selection of cakes and buns,but my 6 pack of scones looked seriously mass produced which was disappointing.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank fatbloke_2000_uk
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Nice food - dodgy service!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We called into here to try the famous Oggie (steak pasty). Food was pretty good when we finally got it. Had to wait for the lady who took our order to finish putting out a load of stock - ignoring us? Then the Oggies had to be put in the microwave as there were none hot and ready to go. Other customers were similarly ignored - it was as if customers were an inconvenience! Perhaps we just went in at a bad time (1.30pm) on a Tuesday?

Visited August 2013
2 Thank m_h140
“Like Marmite”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm quite familiar with the castle bakery chain both in Caernarfon and Bangor. The bakery is lovely, one of the best sausage rolls I've tasted and I particularly love the lamb ogie as well as the strawberry tart, which I highly recommend for people who love strawberry and cream. Anyway, I thought I'd try out the cafe thinking that if the standard was anywhere near the bakery it should be fine. Unfortunately, it was not clear on how to get served, we were stood at the counter a little confused until the waiter behind the counter finally have up her act of not seeing us, turned round and drearily asked "what you having?"
Oh, well we really didn't know what was on offer so we questionable asked for two sausage rolls and 2 soft drinks. She gave it to us on a brown tray you'd expect to find in a university canteen or McDonalds.. Not a cafe.
It has to be said that also the cafe was not very clean, there was no one but us in and the place looked like a school dining hall. We managed to find a sort of clean table after moving the rubbish to the next one and sat down.
They started cleaning up around us giving us the hint we were unwelcome, it was only 4pm.. They shut at 5pm according to the opening hours outside.
I must admit, the cafe really brings the bakery down, I would not go there again and I'd much rather stand outside with my lamb ogie.
I wouldn't recommend the cafe, but definitely take a look at the bakery.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MangoCopper
“Very rude!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

On arrival it was very unclear how it was set out. Menu's at wrong end of counter, waiting at hot food hatch to be told they dont serve it from there. Eventually got to the till, my brother and dad had ordered paid for their families, I was told there was now a 20 min wait and they stop serving in 20 mins (the cafe didn't look very busy). I explained we were all together to be told it wouldn't make a difference to the waiting time. After discussing with my family we asked for a refund as we all wanted to eat together (I only wanted 2 jacket potatoes on my order!) They then said they would make my order, which still came out 5mins after everyone elses, they missed my brother's egg off his all day breakfast and he had to ask for it, there was a large difference in portion sizes between the 2 breakfasts, service was slow and staff looked miserable. Not a pleasant experience,
will not be going back!