“Fantastic take away”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had a great take away from the restaurant for 8 of us and enjoyed every dish! You could tell that the dishes were prepared individually and that time and care had been taken over the flavours and spices!

Would definitely recommend the restaurant based on looks and the gentleman who have us the takeaway leaflets was charming!

A visit to the restaurant will be a must next time I go to Beaumaris!

1  Thank FrancesMacaulay

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We enjoyed the excellent food at Meghna Tandoori on Thursday 17 July, but when we got back to our rented farmhouse in Penysarn/Nebo, in North Anglesey, we were upset to note from the bill (which i had taken from the saucer after we paid and gave a good tip) that we had been overcharged on quite a few items. i had a very clear idea of prices before we ordered as I was keeping tabs on prices as we were paying!!!. We were a party of six people.

Right from the beginning The young waiter was friendly and nice but the manager was glum and very unfriendly as if he did not wish to serve us!!! The waiter pointedly asked us if we were living around for long or were holiday makers which i admitted we were. I noticed the manager did go round to the regulars (I guessed they were) and was swarming and charming but I wonder how much they were paying each visit!

We had made a prior booking and it was not at all crowded. When we left i heard the waiter say in their language which I can understand a bit off, "she has taken away the bill". As we left the Manager did not look any of us in the face or even thank and say goodbye. Rather impolite and a bad end to a good dinner especially since he was near the bar and exit!.

Anyway, lesson has been learnt, but please beware and check your bill before you leave! This happens in all kinds of restaurants, nothing new in the world, but nevertheless very disconcerting and unpleasant making us think we should never go there again. Internet should stop all such nefarious deeds.

2  Thank jay_jaipal
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had passed this place on our way into town on two occasions and the aromas coming from there were lovely, we ate there on our third night and wasn't disappointed we all had a lovely meal and the staff very helpful, would return again to try some more great food.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have had many takeaways from local restaurants but this was the best I have had in North Wales. I mainly cook my own Indian food because local takeaways are almost always a total disappointment but this one was truly excellent. A nice variety of dishes, individual, not just the ubiquitous bland red slurry that masquerades as Indian cuisine. I particularly enjoyed the Rezela Lamb, Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi and Balti dishes. Looking forward to visiting for a sit down in the near future.

2  Thank James G
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Called in to see Abdul again .This week he was assisting in the kitchen ensuring his standards were kept up!Once again great curry,super tandori and a rather good pint of Cobra.
If your in the area, call in- he does get busy at the weekends but the food is always worth waiting for.
Colin & Lorraine