“Can't fault this place one bit!”
Review of Meghna Tandoori

Meghna Tandoori
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Beaumaris
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My partner and I came here for the second time on my 21st birthday after having an amazing meal here a month or so earlier. Ordered poppadoms with a tray of chutney to share, some weren't to our liking (not their fault, just personal taste) but we tried certain ones for the first time and they were lovely!
Drinks arrived with the poppadoms very quickly, and our mains arrived equally as fast and were of great quality. Lamb vindaloo, chicken tikka biryani, rice, chips, and two naans, all very hot and nicely cooked, and the vindaloo was as it said on the menu - hot - which my partner was pleased with.
The bottle of champagne we ordered was opened for us by a very friendly member of staff, and we really enjoyed it.
Deserts tasted great too, and by the end of it, we had very full bellies! But continued to eat when they brought out a surprise birthday cake for me (free of charge) and we had a slice each.
They bagged up the rest of the cake, some biryani I wanted to take home and half a naan and we were on our way with smiles on our faces.
Excellent staff, very polite and friendly, great atmosphere, very calm, and the restaurant was spotless, very clean. Overall, I can't fault this place. They contributed to what was an amazing birthday and we couldn't thank them enough!

2  Thank YorkshireLass1993

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Being fortunate enough to own a second home in this beautiful part of the country and also being a lover of good curry;We frequent this restaurant most weeks.
Consistently curry of the highest standard,
Great Tandoori's.
Great personal service from the manager Abdul,who is always pleased to see us.

If you are in Beaumaris seek this restaurant out which is set in a forecourt just of the Main Street- you won,t be disappointed.

2  Thank Colin D
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Excellent all round. Good food , nice atmosphere and would return again. Friendly staff. Nothing to dislike.

1  Thank Helen T
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Four of us went to the Meghna on the strength of local recommendation and I must say that I personally found it very good indeed. An excellent specials board with local seafood dishes and excellent explanations of dishes by the manager, along with recommendations based on our personal tastes. The service was excellent, as was the food right through from the pappadoms to the mains. (I will state that the place was not particularly busy).
Highly recommended.

1  Thank MicknJane D
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This was our second visit to this restaurant. Having enjoyed it very much the first time, we felt it was worth the half hour drive from home despite many closer options. The menu is varied with lots of different options from the bog standard, they also have a specials board and offer lots of fish options which is a nice change although we didn't have fish this time. Drinks were a reasonable price generally although wine was on the pricey side but the food was well priced for the quality. My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed our meals, not one bad word to say about the food, our prawn starters were generous and tasty and our curries had plenty of well cooked, tender meat and were appropriately spiced, my spinach and lamb curry was mild but very tasty as advised, husbands chicken reezala (?) was spicier but very not ridiculously hot, the Nan Bread was delicious, light and freshly baked, really really good. Service was ok, our waitress didn't know what one of the starters was and took a guess (which was wrong!) instead of going to find out but it turned out to be very nice even if not quite what I expected. We were sat under a speaker and the music was a little loud, but other than that it was a lovely meal in a great restaurant and we will certainly be back again.

1  Thank cocoribs