“A little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Meghna Tandoori

Meghna Tandoori
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Beaumaris
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worthing, England
“A little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lovely restaurant tucked behind a decorative archway. Nice atmosphere, staff were lovely and the food was really nice, promptly served. Even in what was a busy evening the staff were attentive but not hovering, a hard balance to achieve. Will definitely return.

Wales
“Birthday Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I visited Meghna on my birthday with my family. It was the first time we had visited this restaurant since it became Meghna Tandoori and were pleasantly surprised. The room was modern and communal. The staff were cheerful and we had excellent service. The food was delicious (I had the chicken tikka passanda.) Then, as the waitress knew it was my birthday, she brought out an ice cream cake with candles and they sang 'happy birthday!' We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will definitely be returning.

• Visited February 2013
From North Wales
“lovely little gem hidden away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Daughter in Cardiff watching the rugby, son in London watching a concert, so out for a meal with friends, they decided on the new Indian in Beaumaris, Anglese, it had a great review in the Daily Post a few weeks ago. Table booked for 8 pm, had a couple of drinks first in a local bar, then made our way there, we were not disappointed, the place was very busy (glad we had booked), very pleasant staff, the owner I think, greeted us in Welsh, great as we were in Beaumaris!!!
Food excellent, very tast, I went for the Chum Chum Chicken as starter, Tandoori Chicken with Cheese, very unusual but very tasty, my husband went for the Vindaloo, lovely (he likes his curry's very hot - he was not disappointed)
Will definately come here again (they are open at lunch times as well).
Lovely courtyard as you enter, to which I have understood you will be able to eat here in the summer months.

Chester
“Pleasant meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have been spending romantic weekends in Beaumaris for 25 years. There are many nice places to eat. We were delighted that an Indian restaurant had opened and had an evening meal there. Sited in an airy modern building this restaurant should have looked better. I think it was a mistake to have lines of rectangular tables. Some round tables for larger parties would have looked less institutional and the chairs were bulky and masculine. The staff were very helpful and friendly and seemed keen to let us know that they cook each dish to order.
The food was plentiful with more chicken than average. Flavour good but nothing exceptional, despite the obvious use of whole chillis and garlic cloves.
We had popadums and chutney and then 2 main courses with rice and chapatis and 3 fruit juices. The bill totalled a bit more than we would usually expect to pay in Chester.
With such a choice of places to eat I think it unlikely that we would return. I guess we have been spoiled in terms of quality and ambience and will not settle for less.

Wales
“birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just came back from our sons 26th birthday tea.
It was the best indian meal weve had this side of London. Thankyou to the manager and chef for a very pleasant evening.