All reviews coffee shop menai straits sea view queen victoria silver service coffee lounge sandwiches traditional hotel lovely hotel car park lounge area large room one night stay evening meal sunday lunch sea front lovely room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend & I have had the worst lunch ever. The food was barely warm, the plate was cold, the vegetables were indecipherable and tasteless - we are still questioning if the red vegetable was beetroot or red cabbage and the greying mini cob was quite off-putting. This was followed by an overly sweet confection of a lemon (?) roulade.
And to top it all, a meal which was grossly overpriced.
Such a shame because the hotel itself is very nice.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The view from Beaumaris over the Menai Straights to Snowdownia is one of my favourite views in the world, and from my room I had that view. But....the room was overpriced, which is fine at one level due to the location and view. However at such a high price I expect the basics to be right. The hotel is a popular wedding reception venue, which is fine, but the noise from the reception was very loud, so an early peaceful night is not an option if there is a wedding reception. To be fair the noise stopped at midnight, but it was very loud until then. We ate out that evening but we had breakfast in the hotel. That was a disaster. We were at breakfast for over an hour and at no point did the breakfast bar have a full range of selections. We had to go up for a sausage and then 10 minutes later go up for bacon, or eggs etc. When a new item arrived, there was a rush and it ran out again. I, and many others, had to queue for 15 minutes and claim each item as it turned up. This is entry level stuff, but it was completely mismanaged. It was as if they had no experience in hotel catering. There were excuses that it was a one off, but from previous trip advisor entries it is clear that this is a frequent occurrence. This was unacceptable for any hotel, let alone in a hotel for the price I paid. The management didn’t seem to care. They need to sort this basic stuff out or people will just go elsewhere. When the sausages did appear... it wasn’t worth the wait. At this price I do expect something more that the budget sausage that eventually turned up. The Bulkeley hotel is in a great location, but at the price that they are charging they need to spend more time on customer care and perhaps getting some advice on how to do the basics. Customer care is one star. I hope that they improve because it’s a great location, but I won’t pay that price for such poor service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for one night in a four poster room with a sea view. When we checked in the reception staff were lovely. Very helpful and friendly. First impressions count :)
Lovely room, clean and roomy.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.
We had no problem with the free (how unusual but very welcome) parking.
Doubt we would be in the area again but would stay again and would recommend.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

We stayed here for 4 nights as a base to explore Anglesey, we had a room with great views of the Menai Straights and Snowdonia, there is parking but the carpark gets full, all the staff we encountered were polite and helpful, tradional breakfast served buffet style was ok, we ate once in the Bistro which was very good, the hotel generally needs some updating in places, we were disappointed with our room, the decor was tired and worn, the bathroom had a wet room style shower which was impractical in a small bathroom, overall we felt the amount we paid for the room was not good value.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We nipped in to get information on prices and look around. Very old and traditional but pleasant. It was full of senior citizens who all looked as though they were enjoying the place. Fabulous views good stop off for lunch with a view and close to boat trips.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family