The Bulkeley Hotel
$188
$110
Victoria Hotel(Menai Bridge)
$77
The Anglesey Arms(Menai Bridge)
$108
$104
Travelodge Bangor Wales(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$49
Travelodge
All reviewscoffee shopmenai straitssea viewqueen victoriasilver servicecoffee loungetraditional hotelsandwicheslovely hotelcar parklounge areaevening mealold world charmone night staylarge roomfantastic viewssea front
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Old-school style luxury hotel, right on the waterfront. Comfortable rooms, if a bit old-fashioned (note to management -- beige is not the only color). Comfortable beds, bathrooms good enough but could use updating. Reliable wi-fi. Did not eat in the restaurant for dinner, but breakfast was fine. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Bulkeley_Hotel, Front Office Manager at The Bulkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about the bathroom, we are gradually refurbishing all rooms however this is taking some time. I am glad that you found the wi-fi reliable we have recently upgraded our system so its great to hear its working well. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed at the Bulkeley for 2 nights whilst attending my brothers wedding.

From arriving staff were really helpful and informative. Check in was supposed to be at 15:00 but luckily our room was ready and they released the room to us at mid day.

The hotel is very large. In my opinion it is well decorated and I loved the 'old world' feel of it.

My room was located on the 2nd floor and I was more than impressed with my room! The bathroom was lovely, very clean and had everything we wanted. Air con would have been good because I'm sure we stayed the hottest day of the year so far.

The rest of the room was very spacious and comfortable and the bed was ridiculously comfortable - best nights sleep in a long time!

Other wedding guests agreed how lovely the hotel was and also that the food was of a very high standard, whether it was breakfast, snacks, dinner or cakes from the coffee shop.

I would most certainly stay here again for any occasion. I would also like to thank the hotel staff for making my brothers day so special. A special thanks to Shaun Ault who looked after us and kept the bar open until early hours. We all enjoyed!

A very pleasant experience! Well done Bulkeley. A great wedding venue

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sou870
Bulkeley_Hotel, Front Office Manager at The Bulkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2014

Thank you for your review. We enjoy holding weddings at the hotel and its always nice to hear not only from the Bride and Groom but from their guests as well on how much they enjoyed the day. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I recently attended my sister's wedding at the Buckley. I had been to several meetings with Martin with my sister before the wedding and always had good service from him nothing was too much trouble (as we always gave him a problem haha). Martin and his team was brilliant with us before and during the wedding day..
The wedding breakfast was amazing had 5 course meal to die for, everything was perfect, especially the dauphinoise potatoes..!!

The hotel staff was excellent. Sean Ault was very helpful throughout the day and was on hand always to help.
I stayed the night, my room was huge, nice and clean had a sea view was so nice to weak up to..

I would definitely recommend the Buckley as Wedding venue, it felt like we were abroad especially with the nice outside seating area looking out to the water. Perfect place for your pictures to be taken with the outside area of hotel, pier & the Castle..
Perfect magical day that will always be remembered

Thanks

Room Tip: perfect for wedding venue
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Glenys L

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We booked a one night stay at The Bulkeley Hotel which unfortunately we had to cancel 28 hours before the intended stay due to illness. We contacted the hotel directly and without quibble we were told not to worry and we wouldn't be charged. Unfortunately as we'd booked through a third party agency they weren't as 'customer orientated' and they subsequently charged us the full amount .....even though the hotel had already re let the room and had not lost out!!! Lesson learned: book directly with the hotel and not via a third party!! After complaining to the agency and with the support of the hotel we got a refund. Thanks to Sean at The Bulkely for supporting us - we will be rebooking sometime soon! That's excellent customer service for you.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katfish_7

Thank you very much for your review. It is always nice to hear when we have delivered excellent customer service. We strive to provide the best service we can and appreciate feedback that reflects our employee’s hard work. We hope that we can welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just had 2 nights here,never again!Great location,probably best in town,however a grand refurbish is 30 years to late! Even the hair dryer would have made it onto "Bargain Hunt"!Bedroom was very shabby as was the bathroom.
They are living off the view and charging accordingly.It would be interesting to know what the TV food Inspector would think!
Unhappy customer

Room Tip: Try a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple