“Nice place - great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bulkeley Hotel

The Bulkeley Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Beaumaris
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice place - great service”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Although our stay at the Bulkeley Hotel was in the middle of the busy Christmas party season, we were treated to excellent service - particularly from Eyron (I hope I spelt that correctly!) in the "small" bar, but also by everyone else that we came across in the hotel.

Many thanks for making our trip to Anglesey so memorable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mcfc2112
Bulkeley_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bulkeley Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Were very happy you enjoyed your stay and lookforward to welcoming you again soon.
Arwel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just returned from a weekend at this lovely hotel.
Everything was perfect,the food delicious and the staff were very friendly and welcoming
Its location is truly great with stunning views over the menai straights and mountains beyond
Can honestly say that this is our favorite hotel and we cant wait to return there.
David & Jo.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank david p
england
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights one on Sunday night my 2 nd night was at the end of the week
Stayed with my brother elderly mum and friend
On our 1st trip we had to leave at 7am to catch the ferry the chef came in early to prepare a full English breakfast this was fantastic very hot cooked to perfection
On our 2nd stay the breakfast wasn't as good the waitress appeared more like an ss commandant rather that a waitress the rooms are ok beds are comfortable .
I would return to this hotel the views are lovely
Some if the staff are a little rude but they do appear to work long hours

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank susiematumbai
Bulkeley_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Bulkeley Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Were very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, We have since spoken to the member of staff that you encountered on your second stay, and can assure you that this is not a normal welcome our guests receive at our hotel and hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.
Arwel
Banbridge, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed in The Bulkeley Hotel for two nights with friends on a motorcycle tour 19th - 21st October. Small car park to the rear of the hotel but was more than ample for all of the bikes and spaces left over, could be busy during high season. Check in was very quick and straight forward helped by very friendly staff. (made you feel as though you were staying there every other week) My room was clean, warm and comfortable and the bed you could sleep in it for a week. However looking out of the window it was directly on to a fire escape but I would not hold this against the hotel, ask for a room to the rear. The window was of the old sash type and the lock was broken, not very secure as entry could be gained from the fire escape, minor problem to fix. we had evening meals each evening and the food was superb (excellent service from the most friendly staff) served hot, well worth going in for the food alone. Breakfast was hot, tasty and fresh with a good selection. All the staff are so friendly and nothing is a problem. Overall a lovely place to stay in and will go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tom W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked for one night at this hotel. We were on our honeymoon and I had written this when I made an online booking. On arriving at the hotel, we found that the manager had upgraded us to the Victoria suite. That was a lovely surprise and really made our honeymoon! A beautiful room.
The breakfast was slightly disappointing though - it was a buffet and was a bit dried up. Shame because the hotel itself and the upgrade was excellent!

Room Tip: Victoria Suite was lovely.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Isabella103
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just arrived back from Angelsey and an overnight stay at the Bulkeley Hotel in Beaumaris. It was great. The staff are so friendly and altho the young trainee silver service waitress was left on her own to serve around 14 people all at once, and we needed to wait, she was very competent and the food was delicious. The room was lovely and the beds very comfortable. Altho we were given another room from the one I booked (by phone) as I was promised a bathroom with separate shower. The bathroom we had needs some attention however, to help older guests, as the bath is very high and there are no grab rails. My husband showered first and warned me it was a little scarry and I decided as we were going home later in the morning that it was not worth chancing getting stuck in the bath. This is our only critisicm and we would definately stay there again. Beautiful location with views to die for.

Room Tip: We did not book a sea view as we only stayed for 1 night, however, If we had stayed longer a room wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel again on business 18/19 September when I stayed here before I was on the fire escape and to be fair after my review the manager responded which was good it's ok us making comments but I personally think its good to get a response to our comments I didn't book on line but by phone the manager was off but my booking was taken by a very pleasant lady and booked me dinner bed and breakfast for £75.00 evening meal was very nice hot which is always good the room was as different as chalk and cheese nice sea view I could leave the window open a totally different experience and I will go back to this hotel again just a point for the manager if fact any hotel manager if your hotel isn't full give your guests the best room you can it will give you a better review and the chances are the guest will return and also recommend your hotel to other people

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view even if you haven't paid for one
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bigmart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaumaris
Chateau Rhianfa
#2 of 2 in Trearddur Bay
Gazelle Hotel
Gazelle Hotel
#3 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to The Bulkeley Hotel? Share your experiences!