“Amazing Food Experience”

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food Experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We had the scotch egg, sewyn, see bass, lamb, desert - Choc brûlée and Pana cotta - one of the meals we've ever had - the star of the evening for me was the scotch egg - quales egg and lentils - oh my god !! Utter brilliance - my compliments to Aled Williams !
We shall be back for sure

London
“Agreed: this is about as good as it gets”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just eaten here and I agree with other recent reviews: this is as good a meal as you will find anywhere at this price in a small and unpretentious bistro.
Can't find fault anywhere. Top quality local meat, cooked to perfection. Excellent veg. Lovely bread. Good sauces. Terrific chocolate dessert.
Good service too.
Cost about £50 per head with a bottle of wine. Not cheap but this is seriously good food and worth paying a little extra for.
If only everywhere was like this - eating out would be a real pleasure.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

From the outside - not what you would expect - you must go inside. Went here because of the reviews we had seen. Made to feel very welcome. Service was excellent. Food was cooked and presented amazingly. You certainly get your taste buds tantalised here! Had to have all three courses! Glad we booked before we went as they were very busy and I am not at all surprised.
They have the whole package right here from start to finish and everything was perfectly timed in terms of when your next course would be presented to you. I cannot give enough praise to Cennin as words fail me. (Aled Williams should be cloned and distributed evenly across the UK)!

LICHFIELD
“What a Gem!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Saw the menu and was really impressed so we decided to call in on the off chance that there was a table. We just got in at 6.30 and because the table had been reserved at 8 we got a move on picking our dishes. I started with the potato and leak soup with lamb,croutons and chive oil while my husband had the ham hock terrine. The soup was absolutely stunning- I could have eaten it as a mains as well devine! The ham hock was really good and very generous. The starters were accompanied by home made flavoured bread which was excellent. The mains were both wonderful my lamb had amazing depth of flavour and the only thing stopping me wiping the plate clean was I was determined to see if the chef could do pudding as well as he could the other dishes. My husband had beef which he raved over and at the end of which his plate was so clean it looked washed. For desert I had the panna cotta with various raspberry elements and my other half had baked vanilla custard with basil meringue, black pepper shortbread and strawberry ice cream. Both deserts were equally as good as the preceding courses and the whole meal was a triumph with very friendly and attentive staff capping things off.As we left we noticed the chefs name (Aled Williams) and thought we'd look this talented chap up. We weren't surprised to see the impressive CV to his name. Long may this restaurant and chef prosper- with food like this it surely should!

Visited August 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Excellent ham hock terrine, delicious beef and a fabulous chocolate assiette. Thoroughly recommended.