“Yum”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were just looking for a little nibble to tide us over between an amazing breakfast and lunch. Sarah's is just off the beaten path, but well worth looking out for. There is a wide offering from breakfast to selections of tasty treats - but we were tempted and submitted to the allure of cream tea.

Sir took a traditional cream tea - only with a very good cup of coffee (sir owns a teashirt stating that bad coffee sucks, so very good is a real recommendation). I couldn't resist the savoury version.

Both our scones were warm, the jam and cream were perfect and the savoury additions to my cheese scone - cream cheese with chives, a tasty chutney and a pile of ripe, dressed cherry tomatoes really made for another delicious Welsh blow out.

For herbal tea drinkers, Sarah's provides the full range of teapig teas.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The best full WELSH breakfast I have ever had! This is a great deli and cafe and Sarah is a fantastic baker. If you go to Beaumaris go there and enjoy. I do everytime I visit North Wales. Very good for all kinds of foods and wine and especially the home baked - well everything really!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We as a family go very often to the Deli, not once has it been less than exeptional. Great food, Great value for money and Absolutely lovely people working there. Its a great shame that you are selling.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We made a beeline for Sarah's for coffee as we had last visited 5 years ago and were looking forward to a return visit. The Deli is still there but For Sale or To Let signs up outside. A local told us that Sarah is retiring, pity!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have been to Sarah's on several occasions. Today, was typical. We didn't want much just something tasty for lunch and we got that precisely - my wife had the homemade soup, I had the Chicken pate. We sat outside in the warm sunshine, Sarah herself came out and told us what the 'specials' were and the food arrived a short time later. It was delicious.
Sarah's is a delicatessen that serves good food and I guess the business is about 50/50. Most of the restaurant food is drawn from the delicatessen and is home made, and the delicatessen goes out of its way to source produce as locally as it can.
I was surprised to read of the experiences of another reviewer that indicated that they were treated as a nuisance, because I have never experienced that - Yes, when its busy it can get a little slow, but that is the price you pay for individually prepared food - one worth paying in my view. I have always found the staff homely and friendly.
There is a host of eateries in Beaumaris, but in my view and experience if you want good food well prepared you would have to go along way to find better.