“Love it!”

Red Boat Ice Cream Parlour
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Beaumaris
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great ice cream parlour featuring all home-made ice creams with amazing flavours, as well as offering gluten free cones and cakes. Wonderful and very helpful staff. Has to be visited. They also do coffees and some foods, but I didnt try these.
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Love both the ice cream and sorbets here - and the staff are lovely =) would definitely recommend whatever the weather :)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We bought 3 ice creams, and 1 sorbet which were all delicious.

I would suggest a menu/list of options is viewable to waiting customers in order for choices to be made before seeing the selection, this may assist the queue.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

A short review but not because I've nothing to say about the place. I don't eat ice cream, and I've travelled Italy frequently. On trying my sons vanilla choc chip there was no going back! After a chocolate choc chip, a caramel and pecan, a bounty, a bake well tart and an extra caramel and pecan ice cream later - I can safely say, The Red Boat Ice Cream Parlour surely does make the best ice cream IVE EVER TASTED!!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Wonderful artisan selection, very clean premises , very very reasonably priced. Super cheery friendly staff. Colouring and drawing facilities for any age and they display your work on the wall too. Good selection of lunch and snacks too. Can not fault this place...perfection! We had passionfruit cheesecake flavour ice cream and also Easter trail ice cream. Better than the gelato style ice cream in Rome !

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The ice cream is made on the premises and some of the flavours are original and good, but I dislike the fact that they always have some trashy bubblegum-coloured over-sweet stuff that my kids always want and I refuse to buy them. Also, I know pople who have worked there and they were on zero-hour contracts and no job security at all. I prefer to go somewhere with more ethical employment policies.

1  Thank Maloptera
Tony G, Owner at Red Boat Ice Cream Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Madam, with regard to your comments about our staff being on "Zero Hour" contracts, this indeed is the case with school and university students whom are only available for limited periods in the year therefore a permanent contract would not be practical for either party.

What Zero hour contracts offer these young people is invaluable work experience in a busy and creative business. Add to that the fact that we also pay them more than the minimum wage.

Then there are more mature members of staff whom bar one (as they prefer the freedom of a Zero Hours contract) are on permanent contracts.

With regard to your comments on our Bubblegum Flavour, the ingredients of this flavour have passed very stringent controls, so there is no question as to it's suitability to be consumed by children. The Red Boat is not here for just for the our mature more discerning customers we also want children to have a good time too.