“fantastic again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pwllheli
Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“fantastic again”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been to this site 5 times, twice this year, my kids especially love it!! Park clean, entertainment great, appartment no problems, staff friendly, and loads to do.
The pool is fab also.
Would love to go again this year, but f won't allow, so hoping for next year for sure!!
X

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank laura m
Hafan y Mor H, Guest Relations Manager at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi Laura
Thank you for your feedback, how wonderful to hear you are a frequent guest on our park. It sounds like you had a fab time, and if we do not see you again this year then we definately hope to see you in 2014.
Claire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was our family's first experience on a 'Haven Holiday' and it did not disappoint!

Firstly this isn't a bad review but I'm going to get the 'niggly' bits out the way before I gush about what an amazing time we had.

When we arrived we got given our keys to snowdonia view- when we arrived the caravan appeared nice and clean and we had a nice note that Angharad and Gwenllian had cleaned our caravan that day- it was tidy but the sofas were full of crumbs and other stuff from the previous occupants, including a jewel sticker that got stuck to my 2 year olds eye lid- very fun to get off, dnt worry though Angharad and Gwen, I got your back- I cleaned the sofas as best I could for you.

Another 'niggle'- the pool when entering has a really off putting smell? Almost like rotten eggs? It wasn't coming from the water but there is a distinct off smell as you walk out of the changing rooms and into the pool! Also, the toddler pool is FREEZING, we couldn't stay in there for more than 5 mins before my little one started shivering.

My big niggle- I think there should be signs EVERYWHERE to ask holiday makers NOT to feed the seagulls! We saw people throwing food out of their caravans everyday- we didn't report this- as it doesn't seem to be a rule not to feed them. On our last day my two year old and my partner were coming back from Starbucks to the caravan, my daughter was in the pram and had a biscuit, and hand on my heart, was attacked by a seagull for this biscuit which had fallen down the side of her buggy by her leg - needless to say she was distraught as was my partner.

ANYWAY with all that done and dusted onto the good stuff!

What an amazing holiday! We stayed in a deluxe plus caravan- had everything we needed, good size, close to all amenities. On our first, second and last day we went swimming, which my toddler LOVED, we went round and round on the rapids, played it the jets and swam some more- brilliant sized pool (apart from baby pool- too cold)

We went to the mash and barrel 3 nights out of the 4- wetherspoons type food but lovely, and all the staff were more than accommodating, friendly and enthusiastic.

Entertainment was good- my daughter has the attention span of 5 seconds so we didn't really get a chance to experience it, to its full extent, but she did love the seaside squad pop night- had a little dance.

Parks- brilliant, space to run around and burn off engery, climb up to the slides and have fun. We found a pretty little beach, which we spent a couple of hours on, I recommend finding out tide times though, as if the tide is in- its very in.

There is a lovely pond there where you can feed the ducks- something we loved doing.

The arcades- parents nightmare as we all know how much money WE are going to spend in them ourselves let alone on the kids! Really good thoug- lots of rides for little ones and machines to keep parents occupied.

We really enjoyed our holiday- already talking about coming back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Newtzy
Hi there
Thank you so much for your review, I’m sorry you had a few niggles during your stay. I passed on your details to the accommodation manager to review the processes they use when cleaning to try to prevent this from happening in the future. I’m sorry about the smell in the poll we did have a minor issue and we had to call external contractors to rectify this. The toddler pool is the same temperature as the main pool which I can understand may seem colder as you are more restricted with regards to movement therefore the less you are moving the colder you could be. I hope your daughter is ok now after having the seagull attack her. We do not encourage guests to throw food out of their holiday homes, but you are right in saying in we do not have any signs up to discourage this. I’m happy to hear that these issues did not spoil your holiday and overall it sounds like you had a fab time. We really hope you do decide to come back in the future.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have just got back from what was a supposedly four nite stay .we arrived monday dinner time and suprisingly we were allowed to check in early and the staff we very welcoming on reception.
When we arrived at the Llyn Village the first impression was oh very nice as the first lot of apartments were the Bala ones. The dissapointment soon set in when we found the block we were placed in .'Francon'.MYself and my partner was in absolute shock at the state of the outsidw and that was before we even got inside the room.the stairs up to the door was all old shackled and rusty .the entrance hall had a very distinguished smell and lit up with a dim light.
On entering the apartment it just got worse.theres was no lighting in the single room.the double room the lightbulbs were just placed on top of the fittings in the lamp,when we put the bulbs in the lamps made a hissing noise therefore we couldnt use the bedside lamps, the whole apartment smelt damp and filthy and the windows looked like they havent been cleaned in years there was a very thick layer of grease on them in between the dead splattered flies. We have never stayed in anywhere so grim.when we contacted reception we asked for an upgrade and was told we could only upgrade if we paid an extra £170 pounds... as they had no where else we could be placed .
On our first nite we went to eat in the mash barrell pub.the food came out in a quick time and was piping hot however the place was full of wasps and we wasnt able to eat our food.i will note that the fire exit door was wide open and this was where they we coming in from.not noce when u arrive to an awful room to stay in then you cant even eat ur food.

As we were only here for four days we thought we would at least try and stick it out as we had planned day trips out in the surrounding areas.but this morning my partner had a flea on his ankle and that was the last straw we packed up and left we couldnt take any more.them apartments need condemning i wouldnt put my worse enemy in one of those.
The site overall was very clean,the entertainment was good each nite its just the accommodation.which is dreadfull.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank j92013
Hi there
Thank you taking time out to write your review, I’m so sorry you were unhappy with your accommodation. I understand that the apartments are older buildings and not aesthetically pleasing to the eye, however there is no excuse for any cleaning issues to be found in your holiday home. Without knowing the full details of your booking I could only assume that we would have only had the highest grades left available to be quoted that amount. It sounds like you were really unhappy with your holiday and if you wanted to discuss any issues further, you can contact me direct at hafantripadvisor@haven.com or call the park on 01758612112.
Essex, England
Reviewed September 4, 2013

These apartments are not mentioned or shown either in leaflets nor web site video. Outside they look like something left in the fifties/sixties. Inside they are quite something else. I wouldn't house animals in these apartments. To say minimalistic is an understatement. They are dirty, they vent an odour which fails to compare to anything I've come into contact with in my 60 years. My Daughter and her children were distraught. The children said "They would rather sleep in the car or go home". We refused. To be accommodated in these buildings which I consider need to be seen to be believed. I personally would ask the environmental department to visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sharon1951
Hafan y Mor H, Guest Relations Manager at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hi Sharon
I’m sorry that you are not happy with our apartments. I agree with you the buildings are old and aesthetically are not appealing to everyone. You may have seen with our Bala apartments we have invested money into these which we have had great feedback from and are hoping in the future to continue this. I appreciate they are not to everyone’s taste because of this. I totally agree that it is not acceptable if they are not clean or have an odour, and if any of our guests report this then we try to rectify this as soon as possible. I would be interested to know if you spoke to reception whilst you were here and what we did to rectify this. If you would like to speak with me, then please call the park on 01758 612112. I apologise again that your accommodation was not to your expectations
shropshire
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Brillant stay in forest lodge so quite stayed at this park for over 7 years and its just such a great place. lovley walks private beach seeing the dolphins and seals great. Dont really do too much of entertainment so cannot comment burger king great but please please do something about those dreadfull seats omg they looked terrible what a let down to a great site i have seen on here someone has also complained so no need to say anymore . To the fishing pool such a shame so many fishing people on site and so disapponited( even owners on site ) again still full of weed we were told last yeat when we were there that the pool would be sorted for this yeat still full of weed and also told by reception we could not fish it if not owners sorry my dear you advertise as fishing on your website and have fished it for years other holiday parks there fishing pools are a big attraction and well maintained my husband felt like getting in and starting to deweed it himself and also told dont think there are fish in there funny thing there are a fair few fish in there and big ones which we did see hopefully this will be sorted for out holiday next year please please also making access to the fishing pegs would be great too

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
. Hi there, thanks for your post. How lovely to know you visit us every year. With regards to the fishing lake, it is an owner’s lake however over the years at the general manager’s discretion it was decided all guests could use this provided they had a valid fishing license. This year in particular as you have seen yourself it needs quite a bit of work doing especially with the weeds. Also we have had reports from some of our guests that we have had people over there causing harm to some of the wildlife resulting in us having to call out the RSPCA on a number of occasions. Due to all of these reasons we have been advised to make guests aware this is back to owners only, admittedly it is hard to enforce this as we at present do not man the lake. At the end of last season we were hoping to invest some time and money into this but unfortunately this did not happen. The good news is there are plans for it to change next season due to all the feedback we have had this year. We are hoping to be able to rectify the issues with the lake itself and also to look at making the access point much easier along with this we are hoping that we will be able to monitor who is using the lake throughout each day. There may be a small charge to use it, the money will go to the upkeep of the lake and if this goes to plan we can open it up to all guests and owners. At the moment we do not advertise the fishing lake as a highlight of the park only the boating lake however the fishing lake is marked on our park map. I hope this clears things up and you can always give the park a call at the beginning of next season so we can make you aware of any changes on park. We look forward to seeing again next year.
birmingham
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here last weekend for 2 night and were very impressedby the campsite. The caravans were good size, clean and well mantained. The premises itself were beautiful with a boating lake, go karts ( a bit slow though) and crazy golf. The crowds seemed decent compared to some campsites we had visited yeards ago and had been put off by them. All i can say is that i would come back here again.
Easy base for Snowdon climbing and has its own beach. The pub Mash and Barrell on site is very good with great choices ont he menu.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi there, thanks for posting a review about our park. Looks like you made use of all of outdoor activities which is great. We are close to Snowdon (26 miles up to a 45 min drive) so many of our guests do take the opportunity to visit the mountain either by taking the train or walking up the mountain. If you decide to come back before the end of season this year then give the park a call for your discount.
derbyshire
Reviewed September 2, 2013

been here acouple of years ago and loved it so booked to come again for 4 nights august with my husband and 2 daughters 2 and 10. this is by far the best british holiday park, its big, clean and in a fantastic stunning location. our apartment comfort plus had been renovated and has had a balconey fitted which was a lovely surprise. rooms were spotless and so was the linen. love the entertainment and they cater for every age. brill park all together! great beach and walks, stunning infact!!!!!! i would have given it a 5 star but the food and drink prices are ridiculous, i expect to pay more as i go to british holiday parks alot but this one is really expensive. we couldnt eat out much or buy as many drinks or snacks as we usually would. we have booked again for april next year and i cant wait! hopefully the prices arent so expensive.

Room Tip: the lower budget apartments dont look overelly nice but dont judge a book by its cover as they are l...