“Classical dressage lessons WOW!”

Pen Llyn Lusitano Stud and Riding Centre
Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you are interested in classical riding and visit North Wales then this is a must. I had never ridden a Lusitano before and had the opportunity to ride two wonderful horses one of them was a stallion, it was my first spanish walk, passage and piaffe and I loved it. Janine took our lessons and we had the shared lessons wihht only three of us which was perfect. Janine is an excellent teacher with patience and understanding.

2  Thank janderson2013

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. My daughter and I went for a couple of lessons whilst on holiday. The horses are beautiful and highly trained so that you can learn how to ask for the more complex movements in dressage whilst feeling safe at the same time.
My 10 year old daughter really enjoyed her group lessons too.
It is great to get the chance to ride such amazing horses in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
I am already planning to go back as soon as we can!!

1  Thank Brightsider
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have been riding at Pen Llyn for about 4 years now. I was a 'return to riding' novice but with the help of the highly competent trainers and wonderful schoolmasters I have progressed far beyond my dreams. I rate it highly for the tailored made instruction, lovely countryside hacking and the fabulous staff.

1  Thank llanbedrogmum
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have taken my niece here on several occasions for both hacks & lessons & have been most impressed by the attentive team here. Although only 9 years old, she takes her riding seriously & has her own pony at home but enjoys lessons here at an altogether higher level than she generally has at home . Most recently, she rode a well schooled & most suitable pony, a part bred Lusitano mare, the lessons are generally geared towards classical dressage but jumping is offered too. She wanted to get some help for a forthcoming Pony Club dressage competition & was given lots of hints & tips from a most patient instructor who endeavoured to make the lesson fun & interesting.There are some fabulous horses here & the yard has a quiet & relaxed atmosphere, not at all intimidating. I would thoroughly recommend this riding centre to both children & adults alike who would like to learn to ride properly. One huge advantage is an indoor school with viewing area.

1  Thank pearlthehorse
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Pen Llyn Lusitano Stud and Riding Centre is the premier destination for learning classical riding, or the traditional form of dressage, on their excellent and superbly trained schoolmaster horses. The level of training can be tailored to the riders particular level of ability and lessons can be organised from private through to groups of 4 to 5 riders.

I have been a regular visitor there for some years and I try to visit every month to six weeks for a week and cannot recommend them more highly. Janine Pendlebury Lee's teaching style is engaging and informative, always encouraging the rider to learn through doing and explaining the reasons for and why things are done. I haven't had better teaching anywhere else and will continue to visit this most excellent venue.

1  Thank Rob P