“Still as good as ever.”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Still as good as ever.”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Once again the food, service and staff were excellent. If you want that little bit special meal then go here. We've not been disappointed and have visited on numerous occasions.

• Visited February 2012

Caldicot
“Great local food and great service at a great restaurant.”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My parents and I had lunch in your restaurant today and I'm afraid it wasn't good. It was absolutely BRILLIANT. The restaurant is set in a beautiful mill building in stunning countryside. The welcome was very warm and friendly. My mother had the goat's cheese starter and loved it. My father and I had the ham hock terrine which was flavoured with just the correct amount of parsley. The piccalilli accompanying it was nice and mild and not too harsh. I would have loved a jar to take away with me. For our main courses my mother had the cod which she said was cooked perfectly and served with good crushed potatoes and a tasty sauce. My father and I again had the same dish, the stuffed breast of lamb. We both agreed that the lamb and the stuffing was full of flavour but couldn't quite place it until I asked the waitress who told me it was f aggot stuffing. Beautiful. The accompanying mash, parsnips and jus were all beautiful and full of flavour. Then on to dessert. I had the date and pecan pudding which was soft, sticky and sublime and well complimented by the scoop of clotted cream. My father had the assortment of ice-creams which he said were beautiful and could tell that they were all home made. My mother had the rice pudding and lemon posset and was still talking about it on the way home to Caldicot. Three courses and a glass of wine each for £60. Great value. You have a great restaurant serving great, tasty, hearty unfussy food. Please pass our compliments on to your chefs and also your waiting staff who served us with not only efficiency but also with friendliness. Have no doubt that I will recommend you to everyone I know.

• Visited February 2012
Monmouth
“Set menu wonderful value for money”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Had not been to the Stonemill for sometime and was pleased to find they had included a set menu as an option. All four of us thought the choices although limited were appealing and we could have eaten any of them. The extras were amazing especially the shot of soup which was wonderful. The only downside was that the young staff were a little over attentive asking us if everything was ok at least twice per course. We will go back soon

• Visited November 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Fish!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Wonderful food in fantastic surroundings. A really tranquil village a few minutes drive outside of Monmouth. I had the fish, i forget what, but it was succulent.

Visited October 2011
Narberth Pembrokeshire
“Lovely food great service”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I ticked 2011 as I remembered this restaurant just today and wanted to add a review.

Again we were en route to SW Wales when we decided to stop off for an off the cuff meal.

Service was excellent and being the driver I enjoyed it so much that I decided I would like some wine with my meal.

I asked if they had any rooms available and was pleasantly surprised when they offered one of their cottages at a good rate... Wine flowed and we had an excellent overnight stay cuddled up in front of the log fire with yet another bottle of wine from the restaurant.

We have returned a couple of times since and nothing has changed our opinion of the restaurant. Have even had the surprise of seeing the additions to the family growing up...

• Visited February 2011