“Great coffee and cake, delivered with a smile”

The Red Door Deli and Diner
Ranked #34 of 59 Restaurants in Monmouth
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With fresh local produce from some of the best local suppliers, you can enjoy delicious home cooked breakfasts, lunches and teas in friendly relaxed surroundings at the Red Door Deli and Diner, a small independently run family business within the grounds of Millbrook Garden Centre.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I won't say I'm a regular but I do drop in often enough to have a couple of favourite items from the cake counter!
I can recommend the eccles cakes, and if you're lucky to see the caramel flapjack then go for it!
The coffee and tea are very good and the staff are kind enough to provide a glass of tap water to go with the coffee if it's warm day. They've also been kind enough not to shout at us when we turn up dripping wet from cycling there.
Cyclists are made very welcome and it's probably my favourite cafe stop in the area.

RedDoor_13, Owner at The Red Door Deli and Diner, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi Tom, thanks for your lovely review!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Reasonably extensive menu, locally sourced good quality food served by friendly staff. Good range of options for most tastes with both a pleasant aspect and atmosphere.

RedDoor_13, Owner at The Red Door Deli and Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went to the Red Door Cafe with a friend after visiting the Garden centre where they are based.
They have an extensive menu with pretty much something for everyone. The food was cooked really well and nicely presented with helpful staff. When I ordered our meal I paid for tea saying we would have it after our meal and as we finished without having to ask for the tea a waitress brought it to our table. There are plenty of tables inside and out.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad that you found members of the team to be helpful.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Based on reviews and a visit to their website, we chose The Red Door as a half way meeting point with family from S Wales. Disappointed.

They've made a really good job of making the building really fresh and inviting, staff were friendly and service efficient but the let down was the food. After viewing the website we'd excepted a selection of deli food but it was pretty basic cafe grub with very little choice for our veggie daughter. I had a mixed platter which was around £9 for very little. Other half had the pasta and I've seen much larger child portions - minuscule.

There is plenty of seating, inside and out but once outside you are basically sitting in the garden centre car park.

There's a lesson here in marketing. If this had been advertised as just a garden centre cafe it may have been closer to expectations but the website promises much more than is actually delivered.

RedDoor_13, Owner at The Red Door Deli and Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your visit in June. I am sorry that your visit did not meet your expectations, and that you feel let down by the quality and quantity of our meals. Our business was opened almost 18 months ago, and yours is the first negative comment we have had relating to our meals. All of our meals are prepared freshly to order using local produce wherever possible, and if you had an issue we would have preferred it to be brought to our attention during your visit, and not posted online some two months later. We readily accept positive and negative feedback, and endeavour to take all of our customers comments on board. Had you brought your issues to our attention, we would have had the opportunity to discuss these with you, and hopefully rectify the situation. With regards to your comment regarding the garden centre carpark, we are elevated to the side of the carpark, and the outside seating areas are well sought after, because of the quietness away from main road traffic.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is in my local garden centre.

Every time I visit I enjoy the home made food.

Can get very busy and food takes some time to come but is worthwhile.

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We're glad that you enjoy the home cooked food.

Ceri & Rhiannon