“worth the diversion”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We diverted off the main road en route to Cardiff from the north west as we've enjoyed eating here when staying in the area. It was a good decision: excellent and friendly service, freshly cooked food and good beer. The almond and blackberry slice was excellent. We also bought a cake to take away.
We'll be back.

1  Thank john m

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went out for my friends birthday lunch on saturday, they have a meal deal on 2 meals for £12 and 2 desserts for £6, food and drinks well priced, had to wait for our lunch for awhile but we did have a big table, i had a curry and my fiance had a chicken and leek pie, both really enjoyed our meal, dessert was amazing i had bakewell tart and custard which was really good best i have had and my fiance had a ameretto and toberlone tart said it was really good. Def would go again, lovely little country pub.

1  Thank Hannah_Matthews
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A quaint country pub with a lovely garden and really good service. The food was absolutely delicious - the homemade cottage pie I had was one of the best I have ever tasted. I had walked two miles to the pub to eat and at the end of the night when I enquired about buses, the landlord very kindly gave me a lift back to the hotel. Great food and great service - an unbeatable combination. A little off the beatan track but worth seeking out.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Staff were polite , several things that we asked for on the menu were not available.Some of the food was served on sizzling platters, the trouble being the steak or chicken was like rubber as it had continued to cook on the platter. The prawn salad was just a prawn cocktail on a plate which tasted awful. The sultana sponge was just a slab of fruit cake with cream, and the gooseberry tart , was rubbery pastry and we called it hunt the gooseberry. We would never go here again,it was a total waste of money.

1  Thank alison s
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Love coming here with my little one great garden and play area , sometimes a bouncy castle, food is good pub grub at very good prices , fast service , will see you again soon