“Prompted by a promotion”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #19 of 59 Restaurants in Monmouth
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A special offer - starter, limited choice of pizza, and a drink for £10 - was what prompted our Monday night visit.
Garlic bread, American Hot pizza and a Peroni. Delightful service, comfortable setting, but wrong choice of pizza for me - just too greasy. I'll know next time.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Good food and service. Excellent value. Wine a little expensive though. The meal was very welcome on a snowy day and was served quickly despite the fact they were busy.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Good garlic bread good fresh pizza freshly made staff a bit overworked but very helpful nice clean tables and good napkins

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Sat in the seat by the window - doubt if the corner had been vacuumed for weeks - crumbs everywhere, should have left then! Initial service adequate ie took order quickly and drinks arrived soon after. However, I feel we were there for window dressing. Both meals arrived very late and one was overcooked - burnt on edges and extremely hot - obviously should have been collected by server earlier. Waited for the bill for an absolute age when server was on telephone. I went shopping when my husband waited to pay the bill... I am not as patient as he is. We should have walked out and then perhaps we would have had some service!! Won't go here again.

1  Thank Brenda E M
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Was staying locally so ate here, the full 3 courses as my company was paying! The decor in the restaurant was really nice, and very clean. The staff were attentive and helpful and were genuinely interested in making sure we had a pleasant evening. We visited on the last evening of the Monmouth Festival and it was quite quiet, with us and another 6 tables. The starters were served quite quickly but we did have a bit of a wait until our mains were brought out. The drinks prices are a bit high, but then again they are in black and white on the menus so its kindof fair game I guess.