“Top quality home cooking”
Review of The Coach House - CLOSED

The Coach House
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Top quality home cooking”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Coach House is a little tucked away down a side street, but well worth searching out. This is a restaurant and B&B, not a pub (although it does have a small lounge bar area). They concentrate on quality, home cooked food using locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant is comfortable and nicely furnished and decorated, and I liked the use of Welsh slate for the placemats.

I had the Roast rack of Welsh lamb with cranberry & claret gravy, new potatoes and vegetables (£14.95). Wonderful succulent, tender lamb, and great vegetables. A real joy. I don't normally go for desserts when I am on my own, but I couldn't resist the very good homemade Tiramisu (£3.95). The service, from the proprietors, was welcoming and very friendly, and the complimentary port which was offered at the end of the meal was a nice touch.

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Really friendly with home-cooked style food”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We tried this Inn for dinner by chance and loved it. It is set in a quiet, pretty courtyard which would have been perfect to have dined in (sadly the weather did not permit) and inside, it is light and airy, wooden floors and tables, spacious with paintings for sale on all the walls. The menu is changed weekly offering diverse ways of cooking delicious standard items, for example, chicken, pork, steak etc, well-presented and tasty. It is a family-run business and it shows - delightful service ready to give their time for a bit of a chat and the prices most reasonable.
We did not see the rooms but managed to be included for breakfast the next day - in this, one chooses what one wants from the list, each item being priced, a minimum of five pieces to be ordered and the price was amazing - including two coffees and one portion of toast (enough for two), it was even cheaper than the well-known chain restaurant just around the corner. A thoroughly delightful experience, tasty and interesting choice of dishes and absolutely made by all the dedicated staff that we met.

wales
“worth a visit while in monmouth”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband I stopped at the Coach House for lunch and what a nice lunch we had. My husband had the steak and ale pie and said it was very tasty the nicest he has had. I would also have had the pie but I dont like this fluffy puff pastry that is stuck on the top of pies in most places, please can we have homemade shortcrust pastry!! I had the battered cod and it was very nice, we will certainly eat here again when in Monmouth.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“a little piece of heaven”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Parked up in Monmouth, since we got lost going somewhere. Strolled down main street and were givemn flier for the Coachouse. Headed in there with little expectation than a cuppa and an all day when we discovered aq little piece of paradise !!
In a smal,l but beautifully planted, garden court surrounding a small fountain we had a lovely lunch servered by the nicest people in a wonderful "other world" of tinkling fountains and luxurient plaqnting.

On the main drag in Monmouth there were all the usual fast food / burger places for linch - this was different, lovely & worth reccomending - enjoy !"

abergavenny
“Ok, but could do better.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Service was ok but missed an item off our order. Baked potato was microwaved rather than baked in oven so a little disappointing . Prices are ok though. Clean and nice surroundings.

1 Thank Karen h