I realise you get what you pay for, and at £40 a night this wasn't the Savoy, so one could excuse the tired decor and rotting window frames, but there is no excuse for dirt and filth.
The pillows and duvets were filthy, albeit in clean covers, however they were rank. The final straw was breakfast where the floor was covered with the previous night's mess and my glass was actually stuck to the table. Good news is that they refunded the prepayment for the second night when we booked out early. This pub/hotel is part of a brewery owned chain "Brains" surely they dont want their name associated with such a terrible establishment . My daughter and son in law also stayed and their experience was even worse I'll leave it to them to offer a report
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punch House is on Agincourt Square in the centre of the historic border town of Monmouth, in south east wales.An old coaching inn, the Punch House has undergone a full transformation and is now Punch House Cafe Bar.It has 11 ensuite letting rooms offer comfortable good value accommodation right in the heart of the town. Your neighbourhood cafe bar is perfect for every occasion, whether it be a leisurely breakfast or a business lunch, afternoon coffee or an evening of tapas & wine, they’ve got it all covered. The friendly team will be on hand to make sure that you are well looked after and when you don’t want to leave you can check-in to one of the luxurious rooms for the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Punch House Monmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punch House Monmouth Hotel Monmouth
- Punch House Monmouth Wales, UK