Right in centre of town opposite wetherspoons.
Scruffy looking pub and sullen welcome didn't bode well but it was all up hill from there.
Room was Large with dated decor and lumpy matresses but for the price was acceptable.
View out onto Agincourt Square was great but it did mean some noise late at night.
The windows weren't double glazed but it IS a very old pub.
Breakfast was goood value and an optional extra.
Perhaps women might find the place shabby but for an overnight stop and a few drinks it was just the job.
perhaps a refurb soon though??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punch House is on Agincourt Square in the centre of the historic border town of Monmouth, in south east wales.An old coaching inn, the Punch House has undergone a full transformation and is now Punch House Cafe Bar.It has 11 ensuite letting rooms offer comfortable good value accommodation right in the heart of the town. Your neighbourhood cafe bar is perfect for every occasion, whether it be a leisurely breakfast or a business lunch, afternoon coffee or an evening of tapas & wine, they’ve got it all covered. The friendly team will be on hand to make sure that you are well looked after and when you don’t want to leave you can check-in to one of the luxurious rooms for the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Punch House Monmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punch House Monmouth Hotel Monmouth
- Punch House Monmouth Wales, UK