“Just a little bit special”
Review of Seiont Manor Hotel

Seiont Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanrug
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Christmas break we had at the Seiont Manor surpassed all expectations. The service was exceptional, the food devine, the attitude of the staff wonderful. Looking forward to our next visit mid year.

1  Thank Yanbanshee
There are newer reviews for Seiont Manor Hotel

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went to Seiont manor for a last minute New Year's Eve get away...

The initial booking was great, we got our room and told if we book online we will get confirmation emailed...
We then called to find out about our package to see if we were all booked In for dinner as we have had nothing to say we were. The lady on the phone said yes we can upgrade your package to dinner for £20 per person, great we said it fitted our budget!

A few hours later (just as we were leaving) a phone call comes in "she got it wrong dinner was now £80 per person" not in our budget but what other choice did we have they would offer us no other food!?

As we arrived we were late so had afternoon tea (that was included in our £80) delivered to our room, the warm champagne and stale "off the Buffett" food was perfectly matched! (Buffett finished at 5pm we arrived at 5:30!)

Once ready and on our way to the "gala" dinner expecting canapés and champagne between 7:30-8pm we arrived at 7:45 to be told we had missed all the canapés and could take our champagne to the table..perfectly rushed after driving 4 hours to have a relaxing evening.

Once at the table very nicely decorated I have to say we looked at the 6 course menu and pairing wines which started to build our hopes, main course was a sirloin "recommended by the chef pink" I was very excited my perfect steak...not...I was the only one on the table to have a very medium steak. How could I complain after I had already pointed out the wine to accompany was corked!? The couple beside us agreed but were not fussed my partner didn't get offered a change of glass so had to share my replacement.
Dessert was a chocolate sphere with cream inside unfortunately bought in but gave us the sweet tooth we had some satisfaction.

New Years was welcomed in making it our own :) off to bed at 2:30am grateful the duty manager had granted us an extra hour in bed!

Morning arrived....New Years day...full english breakfast was in dyer need...room service it was...arrived the cold tea, cold breakfast with the most pathetic amount of food spread out over the plate...
We called back feeling slightly guilty as a restaurant manager and chef but we could not eat it! Duty manager knocked on the door stormed passed my partner and stomped out, before the door was even closed he started huffing and puffing (oops)
Fifteen twenty minutes had passed as he said it would , the food arrived with the reassurance it was all piping.!
Soggy hash browns and one that we had bitten was left on the plate I stabbed my egg with my fork for it to stand up (photo evidence)

All in all the hotel was beautiful, half the staff were fantastic, Beverly was attentive to our every need!! Duty manager made us feel that as we were younger we did not know what we were talking about, little did he know I have been running restaurants for 5 years, qualified sommelier and my partner has been head chef for 10 years!

Food needs fixing!!!

1  Thank ALGLJL
Aled_Humphreys, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your visit to Seiont Manor.

I was disappointed to read your comments with regards certain aspects of your stay which did not live up to your expectations.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments in person and regain your confidence in Seiont Manor. I can be contacted on ahumphreys@handpicked.co.uk Alternatively, if you prefer you to contact our Customer Services department, please email customerservices@handpicked.co.uk

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We just spent Christmas at this Hotel again and it just gets better every time we stay.The Staff and Management could not be more friendly and helpful and work as as a team very well.
The attention to every detail makes everything feel special and combined with First Class food and drink in a beautiful setting makes for a very relaxing and fulfilling experience.
We cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough it is a special place.

3  Thank andrew s

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent return stay at Seiont Manor.

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us over the festive period.

Thank you for your comments with regards to team and the food. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Seiont Manor again very soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Booked a two course Winter Warmer Lunch, it was an absolute delight, excellent value for money and set in a relaxing well laid out dining room, the staff where very friendly and nothing too much trouble. Diolch yn fawr, mi fyddan yn ol yn fuan.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Llechid

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit to Seiont Manor Hotel for lunch.

I was delighted to read that you had such time with us.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

My husband and I are working our way around the Handpicked Hotels collection and this was number 13! We were celebrating my birthday with a long weekend and this was the first of two hotels.
On arrival the staff were great, efficiently checking us in and showing us to an upgraded room (perks of a gold loyalty card). Our suite was very nice with dual aspect and doors out to a small balcony overlooking the amazing countryside with fields full of sheep. Our room had a very comfortable four poster bed and a nice seating area - also a great fruit bowl which is always a nice touch.
A wander around the facilities led us to the pool which was ok, but not really our bag..... we did try it out and it was freezing!!
On to the bar where the lovely Beverly whipped up a great Cosmopolitan for me and really kicked started my birthday weekend.
We were there for two nights and ate in the hotel on both days, both breakfast and dinner were good, although the tasting menu, which we opted for on my birthday, was a little disappointing (and having tried these out in other handpicked hotels we were expecting great things)
All in all a great trip and excellent value - always look out on the website for their DBB deals as this chain never disappoints!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank monmouthbeach

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Seiont Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us to celebrate your birthday.

Thank you for your comments with regards to team and the accommodation. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The attention to detail and consideration of the staff for their guests is unbelievable. We only stayed one night and wish we could have stayed forever. The breakfast is one of the best I have ever had. One could not fault one member of the team

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lindsay E

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for your comments with regards to team. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Seiont Manor again very soon when hopefully you can stay a bit longer.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Wife and I were there 4th - 6th Nov 2013. Make a wise decision and try the Seiont Manor..

Breakfasts - sufficient choices whether cold or hot, the latter excellent but took rather too long the first morning; the second morning it was there just as we finished the 'starter'. First evening's fine dining was excellent, well cooked and presented. Second night was in the other dining room and once again food was good, and plentiful as for the previous night.

The lounging rooms were warm and welcoming, although maybe the lighting could be a little more bright for reading.

The staff were friendly, helpful and there when needed. Adam stood out because of his pleasant nature and helpfulness, and Helen in the dining room came a very close second.

If offered champagne and prefer wine then ask for a couple of bottles instead.

We will definitely be back but probably earlier in the year.

Room Tip: Try for room 131. Ground floor, large with setee and armchair, writing desk and separate table. Huge...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wifeandme

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for your comments with regards to your accommodation and the team, especially Helen and Adam. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

Aled Humphreys

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanrug
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon
The Quay Hotel & Spa
The Quay Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Deganwy

Been to Seiont Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!