“Paradise”
Review of Seiont Manor Hotel

Seiont Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanrug
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed here many times and it is a wonderfully quaint hotel/spa in the
middle of heaven. I never knew that Wales was so breathtakingly beautiful.
The coast line is spectacular and this is an ideal place to stay as well as relax
and be pampered. Rooms are all different and are mostly spacious. The
restaurant food is good-not great-but the spa is lovely. It's an old manor
house and sits in the middle of a farm where you can see the sheep graze
through your window. Fabulous.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are unique. Have a look first and then decide.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maddie924
Aled_Humphreys, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent return visit to Seiont Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments with regards to the hotel and your accommodation, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seiont Manor again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Seiont Manor Hotel

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We visited the Seiont Manor for two nights for our 1st wedding anniversary having previously stayed at 2 handpicked hotels before.

The welcome was friendly, the building was warm and had nice furniture. Our room was pleasant but not really up to the same standard of luxury of equivalent priced rooms at Nutfield Priory, Surrey and Rhinefield Manor, New Forest the two Hand Picked we have stayed at before.

The bed was really big and soft, although annoyingly sagged in the middle. The tea and coffee were stuck in a cupboard with no light or electric socket to plug the kettle in (which was rather strange). The TV was nice and big but over to one side and hard to watch from in bed. The wireless Internet was next to useless, which the receptionist did warn us about. Bit of mould in the bathroom, but nothing major and staff were pleased to have it reported.

We ate in the restaurant the first night as part of the deal we were on, food was exquisite. We heard that the chef or manager was fairly new and had introduced a new menu, it had a good choice of dishes.

One small issue was that staff were not quite sure of the details of the package we had booked, had to go and talk to reception to get our complimentary champagne and canapés. The restaurant lacked a bit of atmosphere, however it was better once it filled up a little and they turned the lights down a little.

However, the staff were very friendly and helpful. We took breakfast in our room, which was a lovely treat.

Other hotels in the chain we have stayed at had much more stunning buildings with big halls and inspirational architecture. Not so at the Seiont Manor but lovely anyway.

Thanks to all the staff for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GDJStone

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Seiont Manor Hotel to celebrate your first wedding anniversary.

I was disapointed to read some of the issues you experienced while staying with us, but was happy to hear that you did report them to my team to allow us to take action.

On a more positive note I would like to thank you for your comments with regards to the team and that you enjoyed your meal in our Llwyn y Brain Restaurant.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back the Hand Picked Collection very soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I often like to book the Handpicked hotels dinner and night away at their various wonderful locations across the UK. We were looking forward to trying Seiont Manor having visited many of the other hotels and been impressed. We were, sadly, not impressed with Seiont Manor.
Upon arrival the staff were incredibly friendly, relaxed and made us feel completely at home...the room was a little tired compared to others in this chain...but the view from the balcony in the room was lovely. Room was clean and we got a fantastic nights sleep. The location is amazing. So - dinner was the big let-down. I ordered confit duck as starter and I was unable to eat one of my most favourite dishes. It was grey, stale looking and tasted really odd. Then my main, which was lamb - again, this was under-seasoned and bland...marginally better than the duck though. The cheese course was wonderful - great local cheeses and hand made biscuits. I did alert the manager to the poor quality, and he did offer to refund the cost of the meal - I refused this, we ate at least some of the meal and that was not entirely the point,, having gone to great lengths to arrange babysitting and travelling for several hours to get there, booking time off work etc...it was not the cost of the meal that stung. Anyhow, I did write to Handpicked to alert them to this and also thank the manager for his attempts to make things better, but they haven't responded...shame. We did stay at Wood Hall last week though (another in the chain) and that was incredible....
Breakfast was mediocre I am afraid. In short, lovely location, lovely staff but something going on with that food...

Room Tip: the rooms with balcony at the back at wonderful for a view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla T

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your visit to Seiont Manor.

I was disappointed to read your comments with regards certain aspects of your stay which did not live up to your expectations.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments in person and regain your confidence in Seiont Manor as I can't find any record of receiving your letter or email as stated in your review. I can be contacted on ahumphreys@handpicked.co.uk. Alternatively, if you prefer you to contact our Customer Services department, please email customerservices@handpicked.co.uk

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at Seiont Manor for two nights for my brothers wedding. The room and food were fantastic, the staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help. I shared a family room with my 3 yr old daughter and there was loads of room plus CBeebies on the TV. The hotel is set in a lovely quiet setting and also has a small gym and a pool that we made good use of. This hotel is great for a function or a quiet weekend or few days away. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Johnathan M
Aled_Humphreys, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Seiont Manor Hotel for your brothers wedding celebrations.

I was delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and that your daughter found the CBbebies channel. Thank you for your comments with regards to the hotel, the food, your accommodation and the team, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

It is always very pleasing to read such positive feedback and i thank you for taking the time to write the review.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and the family back to Seiont Manor again very soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Writing this review is well overdue! It is a little while since my partner and I stayed at Seiont Manor, but the experience was well worth sharing with prospective guests.

In short - Go stay there! Set in a beautiful part of North Wales, the hotel is hidden away in superb countryside, this giving it both a relaxing and somewhat remote feel. In reality, the hotel was easy to find and only a short drive from Caernafon, Bangor and Llanberis. There was plenty of free parking available close to the entrance - so no need to drag luggage for miles!

On arrival we were warmly greeted by very pleasant and helpful staff, shown to an excellent room and made to feel more than welcome. The room was not only spacious and nicely decorated but perfectly clean and quiet with a good view and containing all the usual requirements. Fastish Wifi was freely available for the computer lovers amongst you.

The restaurant was very good indeed. We opted for the more formal restaurant on the first night (bar food was also available) and it was a great experience, with the quality of the food and wine enhanced by the attentive and friendly service. Highly recommended.
On visiting the "library" bar we found not only a good selection of beers wines and spirits but also board games etc for a bit of light entertainment. Let it be known that I won the game of Monopoly. For the more energetic, the pool and health faciliies were also impossible to criticise.

Breakfast was also of the highest quality and again, it was improved by the standard of service and friendliness of the staff.

Overall a wonderfully relaxing and indulgent hotel stay. My most sincere thanks to the staff for their great service and friendly welcome. We will be back as soon as I can find an excuse to go back to Wales.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alastair B
Aled_Humphreys, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Seiont Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments with regards to the hotel, the food, your accommodation and the team, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

I do hope that you will find an excuse to come back to Wales so that we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back to Seiont Manor again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We are a family of four and booked a family room during the school holidays. The service of the staff was excellent from the moment we arrived to when we left three days later. The staff were genuinely friendly. Our room was clean and tidy and had plenty of room for four people. Our room rate included breakfast and this was fantastic value. The breakfast was excellent as well. We would certainly use this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank D C
Aled_Humphreys, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Seiont Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments with regards to the hotel and the team, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel, especially Dominic who checked you in.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back to Seiont Manor very soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I were given a voucher for this hotel as a present. We were greeted at reception by a very pleasant, friendly young man,who very quickly booked us in and showed us to our room. The room was large with a small balcony and views of the garden. The bathroom was clean and had everything you would need. Lots of hot water and nice fluffy white towels. The evening meal in the restaurant was first class also the breakfast. The staff are friendly and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: All the rooms appeared to have nice view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christine94
Aled_Humphreys, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments with regards to the hotel and the team, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seiont Manor very soon.

Aled Humphreys

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanrug
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon
The Quay Hotel & Spa
The Quay Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Deganwy

Been to Seiont Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!